Senior Engineering Manager
What You’ll Be a Part Of:
ActionIQ is a leader in the massive and fast growing category of Customer Data Platforms (CDP). Our product brings order to Customer Experience (CX) chaos. ActionIQ’s CX Hub empowers everyone to be a CX champion by giving business teams the freedom to explore and take action on customer data, while helping technical teams regain control of where data lives and how it is used. We are backed by top-tier VCs Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and March Capital. Enterprise brands such as Autodesk, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, The Washington Post, Hertz, Atlassian and many more use our CX Hub to achieve growth through extraordinary customer experiences.
The Team You’ll Join:
Engineering at ActionIQ plays a critical role in building and maintaining the best CDP on the market. On a day-to-day basis, we invest in a number of different areas: data platform capabilities, feature development, services and infrastructure development, security, and operations. As a Senior Engineering Manager you will report to our Director of Engineering. Furthermore, you’ll join a small group of experienced individuals who are responsible for the technical strategy and delivery of our software platform and product. As part of the team you will collaborate every day as we evolve our organizational structure and help hire, coach and retain our talented engineers.
- Frameworks - Play, React, Node
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, Ansible
- AWS Services - S3, Redshift, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Observability & Incident Management - DataDog, PagerDuty
How You'll Contribute:
- Lead and develop a team of software engineers to collaborate with our Product team and deliver new features
- Partner with Product, Operations and Engineering peers to identify what service and software investments need to be made to help our company grow and scale successfully
- Advocate for engineering excellence within your team and across teams
- Improve software delivery processes to help us accelerate
- Promote internal growth and learning as you build the team
What You Need:
- 5+ years Experience Managing a group of Product focused Backend Software Engineers
- Experience writing and shipping software for commercial use in a collaborative environment
- A track record of working in a product/platform environment to deliver new capabilities
- “agile” team project management experience (as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Tech Lead)
- Experience recruiting, coaching and retaining engineers, especially Senior and Staff engineers.
- An ability to give, receive and act on feedback
- A track record of creating and fostering inclusive, positive work environments
Compensation and Benefits
- Our compensation package includes base salary, stock options, and the great benefits shown below.
- The salary range for this role is: $225,000-250,000.
- Enjoy leading Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits, Gym Reimbursement, flexible PTO and 12-weeks paid parental leave
- Get to work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a New York City based enterprise software company.
- We have a beautiful office in NYC right on Madison Square Park, and local employees come into the office on a hybrid schedule, three days a week (M, W, Th) #LI-Hybrid.
- Office perks include catered lunches, a stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks, and monthly social hours.
- Learn more about the next chapter for us, our customers and the future of customer experience here.
- To find out more about our people and Life At AIQ, be sure to visit our Medium Tech and Life blogs.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunities for all applicants and want to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.