Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Execute Team)
What You’ll Be a Part Of:
ActionIQ is a leader in the massive and fast growing category of Customer Data Platforms (CDP). Our product brings order to Customer Experience (CX) chaos. ActionIQ’s CX Hub empowers everyone to be a CX champion by giving business teams the freedom to explore and take action on customer data, while helping technical teams regain control of where data lives and how it is used. We are backed by top-tier VCs Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and March Capital. Enterprise brands such as Autodesk, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, The Washington Post, Hertz, Atlassian and many more use our CX Hub to achieve growth through extraordinary customer experiences.
Join the AIQ “Execute” Backend Engineering Team:
The backend engineering team at ActionIQ plays a critical role in building and operating our big-data platform and core product offering. You will report into the Director of Engineering. Your team develops the Scala code base used by our low-latency, high-throughput, reliable backend APIs and ETL processes to support a growing feature set. You’ll work in all areas of the software development life cycle to launch new features and improve and refactor our backend systems. As a senior member of the team, you’ll mentor junior engineers, make well-reasoned tech vs. product trade-offs, and work collaboratively across teams to deliver and support a quality product and platform which ingest, models, queries, and exports multiple terabytes of streaming and batch data every day.
One year from now you will have:
- Launched several new microservice APIs to improve the functionality and performance of the AIQ platform.
- Influenced the adoption of new technologies, tools, libraries, and structuring code to improve the efficiency and quality of our codebase.
- Worked closely with others engineering teams, product managers, and architects to collaboratively drive change in our product and platform.
- Solved challenging problems in how our platform operates, extends its feature set, and scales to handle even more data and queries, while improving quality and reliability.
- Enjoyed many company sponsored Thursday lunches around NYC with coworkers from across the company.
- Deliver high-quality, maintainability code
- Operationally ensure services meet uptime and availability SLAs
- Work with others to break down projects into smaller units of work with intermediate milestones
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and architects to design and implement features and improvements throughout multiple areas of the product.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns with a growth mindset
What You Bring:
- 9+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Lead the implementation of a large product feature or infrastructure changes
- Experience working in a backend language, such as Java, etc.
- Excited to work in a team environment with other engineers and product managers
- A positive attitude and an open mind to making trade-offs when solving challenges in a complex operating environment
- Our compensation package includes base salary, stock options, and the great benefits shown below.
- The salary range for this role is: $185,000 - $210,000.
Benefits & Perks Preview:
- Stay Happy and Healthy: Enjoy leading Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits, Gym Reimbursement, flexible PTO and 12-weeks paid parental leave
- Accelerate Your Career: Opportunities to explore, enhance, and expand your skill set through conferences, workshops, and access to Udemy learning courses.
- Enjoy the View: We have a beautiful office in NYC right on Madison Square Park, and local employees come into the office on a hybrid schedule, three days a week (M, W, Th). Office perks include catered lunches, a stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks, and monthly social hours. Note, this role is open to local and remote US based employees. #LI-Remote
- Join a Community: Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a New York City based enterprise software company.
- For additional information about all of our benefit offerings, check out our Careers page.
Learn from your future colleagues:
- Learn more about the next chapter for us, our customers and the future of customer experience here.
- To find out more about our people and Life At AIQ, be sure to visit our Medium Tech and Life blogs.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunities for all applicants and want to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.