Sr Mgr, Solutions Architecture
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Solutions Architecture Leader to own and scale out our Healthcare Life Sciences customers in the Northeast. In this role, you will continue to build strategy through execution and inspirational leadership. You will manage an organization comprised of experienced Solutions Architects. You will be adept at delivering growth in large scale organizations. You will establish and maintain high-level relationships within key accounts, driving innovation and next-gen capabilities across infrastructure and business application landscapes.
In this role, you will lead and influence Healthcare Life Sciences customers to leverage AWS innovations to power their digital transformation outcomes in the cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud. This role will require you to scale a highly complex environment through strategic initiatives. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architecture team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive customer outcomes, innovation, and service growth across a broad set of customers.
We are seeking a technical leader who will be aligned to our field sales organization with proven experience in strategic thought leadership and building technical solutions. In this leadership role and the ideal candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who partner with customers of all types to advise, mentor, and on-board production workloads to the Cloud. As a member of the Americas pre-sales leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support various workloads including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction at the Director, VP and C-level.
- You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan.
- You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Architect from internal and external sources.
- Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
- Expect moderate travel.
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 7+ years experience in direct management of customer facing technical resources.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree.
- 10+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- 5+ years of experience successfully building and executing technical strategies for large scale enterprises
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud platforms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $160,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $312,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.