Investment Portfolio & Risk Manager, Investments
Amazon seeks an Investment Portfolio & Risk Manager to join Amazon’s Investments team, which oversees the active management of $30-40B of fixed income portfolios, portfolio risk management, and Amazon’s $20B commercial paper program.
The primary responsibilities of this role include fixed income trade execution, contributing to portfolio strategy, oversight of external managers, ensuring portfolio compliance, portfolio reporting and analysis, and ongoing process improvement. This role will also be responsible for developing and implementing enhanced portfolio risk management processes, monitoring counterparty exposures, and mitigating portfolio risk.
The successful candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple competing priorities. The candidate will be required to work closely with banking counterparties and external investment managers to develop existing relationships and establish new relationships as necessary. This analyst will work cross-functionally both within Treasury and with the broad and diverse set of Amazon business lines such as Accounting and Tax.
This position requires a self-starter who will work to continuously improve Treasury processes while maintaining a rigorous control environment and compliance with various Amazon policies.
Key job responsibilities
• Formulate strategies, create trade plans, and execute transactions to efficiently manage Amazon’s fixed income portfolios.
• Work with banking partners and external investment managers to identify opportunities to increase risk adjusted returns while maintaining liquidity.
• Develop and enhance analytics to provide insights into the Company’s fixed income portfolio performance.
• Ensure portfolios comply with the Global Investment Policy, portfolio guidelines, and other key investment restrictions.
• Perform ad hoc analyses related to portfolio holdings, yields, and portfolio risk as required by both Amazon Treasury and other internal business partners.
• Develop a framework to monitor and limit counterparty exposure and credit risk across portfolio holdings.
• CFA, MBA, or other similar degree.
• Familiarity with portfolio and counterparty risk management concepts and frameworks.
• Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills.
• Background in institutional banking, investment management, corporate treasury, or applicable field.
• Understanding of fixed income portfolio management strategies.
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly innovative and flexible; a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and creative problem-solving.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in an energetic, fast paced environment.
• Excellent business judgment, including strong written and oral communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superb interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 7+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in fixed income trading / debt capital markets / portfolio management
- MBA, or CFA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $81,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $179,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.