AV Support Engineer II
Are you passionate about helping people solve IT problems? Love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join Amazon Global IT Support! We’re looking for people who strive to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
IT Support Engineers work with Amazon teams to provide and support the IT equipment and services they need. We treat Amazon employees as our customers and provide timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful IT Support Engineer II excels in a fast-paced, team environment and possesses excellent communication skills. They have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and improve technology solutions. You are able to manage large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in a region. You are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis to get them working again. You are actively expanding your scope of knowledge by learning about software design patterns, data structures, AWS technologies and distributed systems concepts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot difficult IT problems without SOPs
- Plan and coordinate CMs and CM templates.
- Collaborate with internal teams or vendors to execute projects.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Audit the quality of work performed and provide constructive feedback when necessary.
- Automate manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
- Be the first point of escalation.
- Participate in hiring, training and development of others.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the AV sector with proven record of effectively commissioning, configuring, troubleshooting or installing corporate AV systems
- Experience working with AV technologies such as Extron, Crestron, BiAmp, Cisco, Shure and Poly; control systems, DTP systems, matrix switchers, extenders and audio DSPs
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and diagnosis skills with a strong understanding of signal flow
- Experience with network technology including video and audio over IP (e.g. Dante/AES)
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with peers, customers, vendors and suppliers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience supporting video conference and teleconference equipment
- CTS, CTS-I or CTS-D, or Cedia equivalent Crestron DMC-T or DMC-E Certification SynAudCon Training
- CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming Certification
- CompTia Network+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Additional Certifications or formal training by AV manufacturers (e.g. Crestron, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Cisco, Dante, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $48,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $122,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.