Senior Technical Program Manager, AWS IDEs
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) team is looking for a senior program manager with strong experience in managing and delivering successful products for the IT and/or software developer market. You will drive the project and program management and closely interact with other AWS services like AWS Cloud9, AWS CloudShell, Amazon CodeCatalyst, or the AWS Management Console.
The AWS IDE team provides developers with different tools and services that make it easy to develop modern cloud applications. We provide the IDE Toolkits for Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code. With AWS Cloud9, we also provide our customers with a Web-based IDE. Our goal is enable professional developers to create applications targeting the Cloud, e.g. Serverless or containers. We help them author, debug, test, and ultimately deploy code on AWS. If you’re passionate about the developer experience and are exited about the thought of working in cloud computing and building AWS services, then we’d love to talk to you.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You are passionate about software developers & engineers and making AWS easy to learn and use.
- You are a proponent of the DevOps movement and want to enable customers to create highly automated systems that solve their business needs.
- You are adept at working with engineering teams to translate customer needs into workable technology solutions that scale operationally.
- You are strong at driving and delivering programs and projects through coordination, communication, and collaboration.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others.
- You are comfortable working with multiple teams on multiple programs at once.
This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of AWS. Your ability to communicate and influence others will be a key to success.
If you are a results-oriented, customer-focused program manager who gets excited about starting from scratch, iterating quickly, and delivering compelling solutions for other software developers - please talk to us! We would love to welcome you to join us and become part of this unique opportunity.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical program management working directly with software engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Great English verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses and reporting to senior leadership
- Experience in programming and/or data analysis, e.g. with SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $231,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.