Sr. Customer Success Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply)
The Amazon Vendor Services organization is seeking a Senior Customer Success Manager to shape the future of the program. The Senior Customer Success Manager drives business growth for some of the most influential Vendors on the Amazon Store, ensuring Vendor satisfaction by delivering an optimal level of service through strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards. In this role, you will own building and executing strategic joint business plans with your Vendors; collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, traffic and conversion drivers, and operational improvement opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess strong client management skills with the keen ability to work backwards with Vendors to identify and prioritize the right inputs and outputs to deliver value and growth. They will be able to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced work environment and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to multiply impact beyond their portfolios. Above all, they should demonstrate a high level of ownership and the ability to embrace and navigate ambiguity and complexity. They are agile, inventive, and an advocate for their Vendors experience on the Amazon Store.
If you are interested in growing Amazon’s leading brands, then we’re interested in you.
Key job responsibilities
Customer Success Managers are responsible for driving Vendor business growth by providing customized insights and recommendations, educating regarding relevant tools, products, and services, and delivering a positive experience with our program. The key responsibilities of a Senior Customer Success Manager include but are not limited to:
- Identify, action, and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve the end customer experience. Identify what is hindering growth, develop solutions, and test before scaling to benefit impacted Vendors.
- Analyze data and trends to identify, action, and/or influence long term to maximize potential for your assigned portfolio of Vendors.
- Act as a strategic and influential partner for your Vendors. Proactively seek out new opportunities for customers and Vendors. Create tailored solutions and recommendations where out of the box thinking is necessary. Present compelling value propositions using a strategic and consultative approach.
- Lead business strategy development and design long term account plans, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams and your Vendors to find joint areas of opportunity that drive customer success with Amazon.
- Possess the ability to manage and deliver against complex account goals where strategy is not always defined. Make tradeoffs between short term customer needs and long term strategic investment.
- Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your portfolio of Vendors. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
Vendor Relationship Management:
- Build effective working relationships with your Vendors; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and professional operational support to all Vendors in your portfolio within a specified service level.
- Drive optimal program satisfaction and Customer Success Manager satisfaction.
- Liaise with other partner teams and coordinate cross-functionally to resolve Vendor issues and questions quickly, and with high quality.
- Play a “consultant” role with oversight of key strategic activities that are underway for the Vendor. Follow up, escalate, and clear blockers as appropriate across multiple organizations. Advocate as the voice of the customer internally, using data and anecdotes to drive prioritization and deliver value across a large customer set.
- Educate Vendors on how to drive incremental growth on Amazon through frequent education on tools, policies, products, and programs. Maintain in-depth knowledge in these areas to keep Vendors informed of new opportunities and tie recommendations to their specific goals and value proposition.
Program Process Excellence:
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Vendors in an ever-changing business environment.
- Improve team efficiency and optimize previously defined processes. Manage initiatives, deliver critical solutions, improvements, and mechanisms by working independently across teams.
- Assist with the definition and design of tools, standard operating procedures, and processes of Vendor services.
- Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve Amazon products based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
- Aggregate themes and data to advocate as the voice of the Vendor with owning teams to address opportunities at root cause level, keeping their relative experience at the forefront of decision making and design.
- Own project status communication. Consistently impart clear and concise summaries for the projects you own to your leadership/management team and are effective at answering questions in detail.
A day in the life
As a Sr. Customer Success Mgr, a typical day might include:
- Reviewing Key Performance Indicators, bridging opportunities, and sharing recommendations to close gaps to goals with your Vendor(s) in your weekly call.
- Educating a new contact at your Vendor on how to better leverage Amazon tools and systems.
- Deep diving and resolving an item buyability issue that was surfaced by your Vendor.
- Following up with internal Amazon teams who you are dependent on to deliver tasks for your Vendor(s).
- Meeting with your Retail Category Manager to understand Category strategy and discuss your Vendor’s role in their strategy.
About the team
The Amazon Vendor Services program is a paid service that offers enrolled Vendors services in one of five major categories:
(1) A designated Sr. Customer Success Manager
(2) Strategic business advice
(4) Operational execution
(5) Programs, Pilots, Betas, and Advanced Coaching.
In this role, you will be a member of the Consumables Category team, and the designated Sr. Customer Success Manager supporting Vendors within the Consumables categories. Consumables categories consist of Health & Personal Care, Pets, Grocery, Beauty, Premium Beauty, and Baby. The role offers broad scope as the Vendors supported by this role may span numerous Brands, end Customer segments, and product categories.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- Experience: 4+ years professional experience in Buying, Merchandising, Planning, and/or relevant experience within Customer Success, Account Management, Management Consulting, and/or relevant experience in negotiating, nurturing, and growing customer relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Goal Attainment: Demonstrated success identifying business opportunities for clients and increasing adoption and utilization of company products.
- Relationship Development: Proven track record of building and cultivating relationships with internal and external stakeholders, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data Analysis: Analytical problem-solving ability. Uses data analysis, reporting, and forecasting to guide business decisions.
- Planning: Track record of developing business plans with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities across teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-Starter: Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
- E-Commerce experience.
- Retail experience.
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in an ambiguous, fast-paced/deadline-driven environment.
- Able to root cause issues and identify scalable solutions to address.
- Experience with partnering cross functionally to drive results including continuous improvement initiatives. (process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, PDCA, DMAIC)
- 4+ years’ experience in account management, marketing, buying, or customer success delivery in related industries like retail, telecom, technology or hospitality.
- Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $72,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $154,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.