Senior Agency Development Manager, Global Agency Development
Amazon Ads is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions—including display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
The Global Agency Development Manager (GADM) is responsible for relationships with our largest global agency customers. As part of a team aligned to a global Holding Company, the GADM will own the Amazon Advertising/Agency Operating Company relationship at the most senior level. GADMs are tasked with accelerating Amazon Advertising revenue, increasing Amazon Ads tool adoption and increasing penetration of the total advertiser universe in their agency. Candidates must be excellent communicators, experienced in operating at all levels of matrixed organizations, strategic thinkers with the ability to earn the trust of partners internally and externally. Candidates must make data-driven decisions, achieve aggressive goals, and have the ability to “think big” while prioritizing and delivering outstanding experiences to Amazon Advertising’s media agency customers. GADMs play a critical role in arming agencies with the knowledge and tools to develop and sell through Amazon-focused ideas to their clients. You will be accountable for strategic alliances, education and ideation directly with global media agency customers to influence opportunities locally.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and execute a customer-led strategy for growth for an Operating Company at a global level
- Build and manage a detailed engagement strategy to C-Level
- Develop commercial structures to create incremental opportunities for growth across traded, programmatic and biddable products
- Lead education and enablement of key agency functions including delivery of agency-wide events
- Identify opportunities for agency collaboration around large-scale technical and creative solutions
- Liaise with in-locale ADM teams to identify transformative opportunities for agency partnerships offered by Amazon Ads's product development roadmap
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of B2B sales experience
- Experience building new customer relationships
- Experience working in a sales role
- Experience delivering results and generating transformational growth
- Experience successfully engaging and negotiating at C-Level within agencies and agency groups
- Knowledge of data-driven (i.e. programmatic) media trading
- Prior experience in agency development or business development at a major media company
- Experience working with Fortune 500 advertisers, agencies, and clients
- Excellent presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $128,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.