Manager, Systems Development, Enterprise Service Delivery
Join our team and be part of the next generation of productivity applications and services over a million Amazonians use as they make history every day.
You'll be leading a team of talented system engineers, system developers, and technical project managers who combine first- and third-party productivity applications with Amazon's industry-leading standards in security, accessibility, privacy, and access management to deliver a best-in-class productivity experience for every Amazonian on the planet.
You'll create a vision and charter for a new team responsible for assembling, aligning, and improving a class of services that meet a productivity use case, own the roadmap for the service components and programs that drive you to deliver a world-class experience for your customers.
You'll develop and grow your team's capability through developing existing team members and hiring new ones that bring additional perspectives and skills to it. You'll lead your team toward a world-class skillset, where they can envision, build, deploy, and manage performant and secure enterprise platforms at one of the largest scales in the industry. You'll establish and maintain high standards that set an example for others.
You'll need strong analytical skills and high judgement, and be a strong advocate for your customers. Understanding your customers will provide you the insight needed to not only respond to their current needs, but also predict future ones. You'll negotiate, influence, and build relationships with your supplier partners as well as key stakeholders across Amazon, driving incremental value while moving toward realizing your envisioned goal.
Key job responsibilities
- Build effectively in a cross-functional environment, supporting your team of engineers and program managers by providing an environment where they can grow, learn, and excel.
- Own and communicate your vision and roadmap, and provide clear updates on your progress and challenges.
- Guide the team's workload using adaptive agile methodologies to build value that's responsive to changing business needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and supplier partners to validate your solutions remain aligned with the changing business landscape.
- Create and uphold high standards in quality for your team's services and project them throughout the organization.
- Participate in organization-wide efforts to think big and align on strategic direction.
- Develop and report actionable metrics to evaluate the performance of your products and services and how they help your customers.
A day in the life
You'll meet regularly with other service owner and software development teams to design and prioritize tools and services that can help teams to scale. You'll meet with your service provider vendor contacts to ensure they're aligned with your customers' needs. You'll also work with our security, procurement, accessibility, and privacy teams to form and execute strategies to align our suppliers' incentives with our customer needs. You'll build automation and tools to make it possible for your teams to devote their skill and focus to hard problems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architecture and design experience
- 2+ years work experience developing with one or more scripting languages
- Systems engineering background with fundamentals in monitoring, scaling, and resiliency.
- Hands-on technical expertise in designing and building public-facing or large-scale internal web services and highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in an engineering or scientific field
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical tradeoffs.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal outside direction, while constantly advancing long term goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $133,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $258,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.