Advertising Sales Account Manager, Adapt
Amazon Adapt is a program designed to offer coverage solutions for business gaps which may occur due to extended leave (parental, medical) and unexpected account transitions. Amazon Adapt deploys highly skilled, hyper-agile talent that ensures customers can continue to invest in their partnerships with Amazon Advertising, uninterrupted. The program ensures that the high bar for customer service, strategic partnership, and revenue attainment is maintained during these coverage gaps.
As a member of the Amazon Adapt team, you will have the opportunity to complete a series of rotations across a range of consumer industries. This enables Adapt team members to experience high-velocity exposure to teams across the organization and to clients across different verticals. From day 1 Adapt team members must use their experience to earn trust with multiple stakeholders and take command of a new leadership role within a team. As a member of the Adapt team you will use your experience and vast knowledge in an array of work scenarios that affect internal stakeholders and clients. Adapt team members are decisive, knowledgeable, and use high judgement. The Adapt role will give you a chance to Learn and be Curious and the autonomy to own projects that will help you advance your career at Amazon. The Adapt team prioritizes flexibility, and hires for both 40 and 30 hour work weeks. If you are ready to make an immediate impact, embrace change, and accelerate your career at Amazon, come join us!
Key job responsibilities
- You deliver revenue while managing complex advertiser goals and problems to drive revenue
- You own and grow existing client revenues that may expand regionally
- Become an expert on Amazon solutions and adapt recommendations based on advertiser needs
- You are able to solve ambiguous problems and identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks
- You leverage your mastery of media and communications to develop annual brand plans and campaign media plans
- You create and/or identify new insights based on multiple first-party and third-party research. You educate customers based on customized insights
- You provide in-depth data analysis to develop actionable insights and recommendations for future campaigns
A day in the life
As an Sales Account Manager on the Adapt team, you will work with advertisers and agencies to create and execute advertising strategies while driving incremental revenue. You will rotate across teams and verticals to cover open books of business due to leaves of absence and use your experience and vast knowledge in an array of work scenarios to drive value for internal stakeholders and clients. You will consult the client to define goals and work backwards to develop a curated advertising strategy to achieve it. You use complex, data-driven insights to enrich advertisers' understanding of their campaigns, objectives and even business. Internally you work closely with Sales, Creative, Product, and other internal partner teams to drive advertiser success.
About the team
The Amazon Adapt team specializes in dynamic work. Our team supports the Global Amazon Ads Organization during gaps in business coverage due to leaves of absence, roles to be hired, and unexpected employee movement. Amazon Adapt’s vision is to provide the world's most customer-centric business coverage, exceeding both customer and employee expectations during periods of transition.
This role may support various categories/verticals based upon the needs of the business. CCMs provide efficient and accurate campaign management while identifying opportunities to continuously improve our workflows and implement best practices across teams. The role provides a fast-paced environment that offers team members continual opportunities to learn, be curious and develop their skills.
This role sits on Amazon's Adapt team and supports the AM Organization during gaps in business coverage due to leaves of absence, roles to-be-hired, and unexpected incremental opportunity. Adapt team members impact the business across verticals, products, and enjoy high-velocity exposure across the organization and customers.
This job can be based out of NYC, VA, SEA, CHI, LA, or virtually.
In addition, the Adapt team prioritizes opportunity for flexibility, recognizing that great talent comes in many shapes and sizes. One example of this is our flex week (30 hours/week) role with full-time benefits or virtually-based role designed to accommodate a growing demand for flexible work schedules while still delivering bar-raising advertising customer experience.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | New York, NY, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USA
• Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Marketing, Advertising, Statistics, Engineering or Business; MBA is a plus
• Significant experience in a client facing role including but not limited to digital marketing, analytics etc.
• Experience in display or search marketing
• Adept at solving problems that span business and technology
• Influence process improvement that scales broadly; inventing and simplifying within existing processes
• Excellent organizational, relationship-building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Programmatic strategy and implementation experience
• Proven track record of delivering results (including revenue targets) and significantly contributing to advertiser revenue growth
• Experience in Omni-channel marketing, streaming tv (STV), and audio
• Experience in e-commerce (sales or marketing)
• Experience in Revenue owning function
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $70,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $150,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. This position is eligible for variable pay via a sales compensation plan. These plans pay according to achievement level against sales targets and/or business objectives. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.