Sr. Customer Solutions Manager, Private Equity (PE) CSM
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to accelerate innovation, become more agile, and lower costs.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to work with customers who own a large portfolio of diverse lines of autonomous businesses with the express goal of helping the customer accelerate value creation across the portfolio through business transformation. The successful candidate will help the customer design and rapidly execute strategic migrations to the AWS cloud and build modern, cloud native solutions that fulfil their highest ambitions. You will work backwards from customer objectives, utilize AWS best practices developed over thousands of engagements, and design and execute an end-to-end frictionless cloud adoption experience. Your customers capture the full potential of AWS’ industry-leading solutions. As a CSM, you are a thought leader with a strategic, insurgent business mindset. You use your technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to problem solve, challenge the status quo, and align a broad range of multidisciplinary teams including sales, solution architecture, enterprise support, product development, professional services, and partners.
In this role, you will earn trust across the customer’s organization, identify strategic opportunities, uncover cloud use cases, establish roadmaps and actionable program plans, capture success criteria, manage a large number of initiatives across the diverse portfolio of businesses, orchestrate advanced technical architectures, and establish programmatic governance. You own and drive execution excellence for the end-to-end customer cloud journey (e.g., technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span IT teams, executives, and business units.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and ability to thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial environments. You will pay attention to detail but think big on behalf of our customers. As a CSM, you have a business outcome mindset, broad technical background, and a driven problem-solver. You are a team player, use data to make decisions, express yourself thoughtfully verbally and in writing, and are passionate about delivering Earth’s most customer-centric experiences.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We value Work and Life balance and understand that it looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through remote meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast-paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale, deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills, and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Execute a near, mid, and long-term vision and strategy for the overall customer’s cloud transformation by collaborating with the customer and the AWS team
• Demonstrate excellent customer engagement skills through all levels of an organization and develop long term relationships based on excellence
• Maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
• Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
• Accelerate customer adoption through education and enablement
• Collaborate with customers in identifying and prioritizing high business impact use cases for AWS service adoption as well as best practice implementations
• Manage time efficiently and align and engage required Customer, AWS, and Partner teams to accelerate customer’s cloud journey
• Be a thought leader across Amazon organizations to knowledge share success mechanisms, mentor junior CSMs, and impact industry trends
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Dallas, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• 5+ years of experience leading large-scale, technical or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing customer benefits, and successful program completion
• 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with customer executives, technologists and/or partners to solve business problems with advanced technologies
• Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
• A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations
• Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel up to 15% as needed
• Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
• 3+ years working with partners (Software, Consulting, VAR) with knowledge of deal lifecycle, pre-sales cadence and go to market motions
• Knowledge of AWS Services and Solutions
• Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and work in fast paced, ambiguous environments
• Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements
• Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $124,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $215,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.