Sr. Manager, Partner SA, US-East
This role is responsible for the Partner Success Solutions Architect team working closely with partners to drive business outcomes for customers. The role is responsible for shaping and executing the technical strategy on how AWS teams work with technology and consulting partners in helping customers adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premise workloads to the cloud. This individual will hire and develop industry’s best cloud solutions architects on solution selling, setting and driving strategy and goals, as well as how to continuously learn complex new technologies & how they translate to business results.
The successful candidate must be a proven leader, and will draw upon experience in technical leadership, go-to-market solution positioning, pre-sales, professional services and working in both a direct and matrix operating structure. The individual must have deep experience in managing senior technical teams and working with consulting partners, system integrators, and ISVs.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA
- Technical Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 10+ years of related work experience
- 7+ years of experience design/implementation/consulting experience of Enterprise systems
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
- 3+ years’ experience working for a business partner (Reseller/Systems Integrator/Global Systems Integrator/Distributor) or executing through a business partner
- Experience building and leading teams and have worked in matrix operating structures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive goals to completion
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders of technical and non-technical background
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience in interfacing with various types of consulting and system integrator partners; from cloud native, traditional large system integrators, ISVs, value added resellers, and specialist providers.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, BC/DR, Security, Observability, Virtual Desktop, Information Assurance, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
AWS values diverse experiences. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications and skills listed in the job description, we encourage candidates to apply. If your career is just starting, hasn’t followed a traditional path, or includes alternative experiences, don’t let it stop you from applying.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $160,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $312,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.