Executive Assistant, AWS Industries, Central Technology
Are you always looking around corners and anticipating needs? Do you believe that details matter and want to support a highly engaged team?
AWS Industries is looking to add a dynamic, multi-talking Executive Assistant to organize a cutting-edge technical sales team serving our most strategic customers. The right candidate for this role will deliver high impact administrative support on a dynamic leadership team, immersing in Amazon’s unique culture in our newest office location in Manhattan.
A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with leaders (at and outside Amazon) is important, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction seamlessly. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and want to take on varied and exciting new projects and learn new skills. You’ll need to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play a leadership role, to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively. Other key responsibilities include:
· Manage complex calendars and scheduling with diplomacy and discretion.
· Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner.
· Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, on-sites/off-sites, team social events, etc.)
· Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed travel itineraries both domestic and international (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process. Submit expense reports in a timely fashion.
· Coordinate closely with Recruiting teams, Facilities team, HR team, and other Executive Assistants within the Amazon community.
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items to include meeting notes and action items.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of senior level leadership support, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and applications
- Experience with executive level calendar management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and improve processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $47,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $107,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.