Creative Director, Design Technology, Amazon Private Brands
The world-wide Amazon Private Brands Marketing Organization is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Creative Director to lead design work across Amazon Private Brands — Creative & Design Technology. This role is part of internal creative team composed of designers, copywriters, productions designers, and brand managers that combine talent, expertise, and customer obsession to create compelling and memorable brands for products that customers love and prefer. They will be instrumental in the concept, creation, and production of creative work in support of our private brands. They will also be focused on how we develop our design work utilizing a tech-based approach, driving design efficiency at a global scale and creating innovative solutions to enhance customer experiences and deliver exceptional results.
The right candidate for this role will have a passion for learning new program skills, teaching creative teams these skills, all while delivering bar-raising campaign and detail page creative. They are an innovative and self-directed creative leader, able to lead diverse talent or partners as needed. They will have a high degree of ownership; they will be strong problem-solvers with the ability to think critically. They must be willing to continuously learn and adapt in-line with design platform and tool advancements and will keep up with the latest research and trends.
Flexibility, self-motivation, and superb organizational skills are vital in this deadline-driven environment. Your expertise at working with various design tools and willingness to embrace new design technology to improve speed of production whilst maintaining high quality standards is essential.
You must have at least six years leadership experience, which includes hiring and coaching creative talent. You must demonstrate strategic prioritization of tasks and efficient time management to ensure on-time delivery of all projects.
Key job responsibilities
· Identify opportunities to incorporate emerging marketing/design trends and digital innovations into creative and marketing strategies
· Work with marketing managers, engineering, and other partners to define or improve product strategy for and advocate for the user experience in our brand experiences
· Contribute to our internal design process by experimentation and implementation of technology and further operational excellence within design
· Champion new ways of working (processes) and integration of (new) tech to streamline design end-to-end workflow and performance
· Facilitate workshops and brainstorm sessions with designers and other internal teams to define work
· Understand and translate data into insights that inform creative conceptual development
· Lead strategic and complex design projects that present multi-disciplinary challenges and span across cross-functional teams
· Manage internal and external creative resources to ensure work achieves project goals, meets the highest quality standards, delivered on time and within budget
· Present concepts and produced work to stakeholders and cross-functional partners, including senior management
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
• An accessible online or PDF portfolio listed on your resume that demonstrates creative, unifying strategy and execution across a broad range of channels, aesthetics, and budgets
• 6+ years of experience leading creative roles at an agency, digital publication, or consumer brand/retailer
• Passion for directing internal and external creative or design resources across capabilities
• Fluency with digital content art direction and production, including familiarity with post-production editing and retouching
• Demonstrated ability using data, performance metrics, and insights to inform and progress strategic recommendations
• Strong proficiency in design/presentation/systems and tools (Adobe Creative Cloud Programs, Figma)
• In-depth knowledge of design strategy and building brand experiences
• Effective cross-team collaborator that delivers with agility across multiple, complex creative projects, while meeting deadlines
• Detailed, hands-on experience with typography and image standards for web
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• A self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment
• Experience developing on- and off-site creative campaigns for e-commerce or omnichannel (seasonal, event and/or brand led)
• Expertise in art direction, photo briefing, and on- and off-figure photography
• Knowledge of UX and front-end web design processes and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $225,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.