Senior UX Designer, PXT People Engagement Experience
This position may be located in Atlanta, GA, New York, NY, or Seattle, WA.
The People Engagement Experience (PEX) is the cord across our People Engagement (PE) experiences made up of forward-thinking UX designers, researchers, writers and design technologists. PEX is revolutionizing the user experience for Amazonians across the globe. Our design work has a direct impact on the lives of millions of Amazonians, helping them achieve work-life balance and advance in their careers. We’re also customer-obsessed, driving impact across the company by delivering on user-centered and business needs. We support Amazon's mission to become Earth's best employer through making it easier to acquire, train and retain employees.
As a Senior UX Designer of the PEX team, you will be responsible for the design of the end-to-end employee experience. You’ll craft elegant design solutions across a range of personas and platforms at global scale and collaborate closely with product and engineering partners, as well as multiple partner teams within the broader People Experience Technology (PXT) and Amazon Worldwide Operation orgs. As a senior designer, you’ll own experiences in the Amazon employee mobile app, AtoZ, and the communication, engagement, career, scheduling experience within the app. You will also identify large scope product and long-term design vision to raise the UX bar for this domain.
To succeed in this role, you must be an innovative self-starter in driving operational excellence and a strategic big-picture thinker. The candidate must have proven the ability to succeed in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment. Our environment requires the skills to work collaboratively and the commitment to take ownership when needed.
Key job responsibilities
- Assume ownership for the end to end product experiences and features across desktop, mobile and more.
- Manage the user experience design of multiple mid-to-large-sized programs.
- Contribute to the vision for the organization and influence product strategic roadmap. Lead the discovery, strategize concept design and launch phases of a project.
- Work through complex design solutions for sometimes ambiguous problems where requirements, customer needs, and technical feasibility may not be initially defined.
- Champion user-centered design culture. Drive creative process and collaboration with cross-functional partners to propose new ideas and strategies.
- Model behavior that exemplifies Amazon Leadership Principles in their team. Raises the design bar for the organization.
- Provide coaching and feedback, with an emphasis on growing junior Independent Contributors and leadership capability.
- Create and drive adoption of design guidelines, mechanisms, best practices, process and tools.
About the team
We are a multidisciplinary team creating truly meaningful products and experiences that empower and connect millions of Amazon employees. Our team consist of designers, researchers and writers, and is very diverse in terms of educational background, gender, race, skills, and location.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 6+ years of design experience
- Expertise with standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating exceptional end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns across desktop and mobile devices.
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related degree
- Experience in delivering design solutions with measurable impact for projects of large scope and complexity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills with an ability to present to and influence other designers, PMs, and senior executive management.
- Experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
- Ability to deliver a long-term UX vision, with an iterative plan to actualize that vision over time in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
- A desire and ability to work with an incredibly diverse and talented team.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.