Assistant Buyer, Men's
Shopbop.com is seeking an Assistant Buyer to provide operational and buying support for the men's area, helping to grow and maintain relationships with key vendors and drive business goals. The successful candidate will have a keen sense of fashion and trends, be self-starting, flexible, highly organized, results-oriented, and reliable. They will have excellent analytical skills and have strong computer skills. They must have the proven ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment where teamwork is key. They will also be career-oriented with a strong desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility.
Key job responsibilities
• Assist in managing the men's business under supervision of the buyer
• Provide administrative and operational support including assortment planning, purchase order management, open to buys, and vendor profitability
• Create and analyze selling reports, execute reorders and assess potential liabilities with high level of accuracy
• Drive in season buying strategy, including product selection and key item development with assistance of buyer
• Maintain vendor relationships by responding quickly and accurately to questions, and help the buyer to negotiate terms, RTV/swaps and additional discounts
• Monitor site daily to ensure products are properly represented
• Assist Buyer in identifying key trends and finding new lines
• Enter, manage and organize all Purchase Orders
• Process reorders, receiving issues, RTV’s
• Generate multiple reports for the buying team
• Maintain vendor relationships and terms by responding quickly and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor) questions and requests for information. Research problems.
• Assist in identifying process inefficiencies and making recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner.
• Assist in other miscellaneous processes and procedures.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 2+ years in similar industry-specific environment. Specific category experience not required, but some experience in category management is needed.
- Highly proficient in all computer skills including MS excel.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• General interest in the business of fashion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $31,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $75,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.