Regional Manager / Sr. Business Coach - East, AMXL/RSR
Regional Manager/ Senior Business Coach
Role can be based in JFK or Nashville Amazon Hubs.
Equal parts advisor and operating partner, Amazon’s team of Regional Managers known as Senior Business Coaches assist and guide our Delivery Service Partner (DSP) business owners as they build and grow successful last mile package delivery businesses during a transformational time.
The Sr. Business Coach finds and executes value-creation opportunities and manages the DSP relationship across the entire lifecycle of the business. As trusted advisors, Sr. Business Coaches work alongside DSPs to help solve their biggest challenges at a programmatic level; influence their business planning and strategy; and look around corners to identify obstacles and recommend solutions, ensuring DSP owners make effective business decisions and are setup for success.
Sr. Business Coaches partner with our DSP owners as they launch and scale their business in one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
ABOUT AMAZON LOGISTICS
At Amazon Logistics, our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Sr. Business Coach, you will partner with 20-40 DSP owners assigned to delivery stations across the Seattle region. The Sr. Business Coach will work closely with a portfolio of owners at different stages as they set strategy, help drive accountability and engagement, and motivate and track key performance metrics. A Sr. Business Coach will collaborate with an integrated internal team of Station Operations Managers, Program Managers, and Compliance and Finance personnel to ensure owners launch and scale their business in compliance with program requirements. Sr. Business Coaches support owners by removing obstacles and improving financial, operational, and safety practices at the network level. A Sr. Business Coach will do this by analyzing problems, discovering insights, delivering recommendations, and driving change both internally and externally.
On a daily basis, Sr. Business Coaches are responsible for:
- Supporting owners as they onboard to the program and prepare to launch.
- Guiding owners as they scale their business and manage operational issues, ensuring they have resources in place to effectively ramp-up operations and prepare for peak periods.
- Coordinating Business and Financial Health Reviews to discuss business performance and new opportunities, as well as to provide benchmarking data and insights.
- Identifying workflow inefficiencies and working to formulate and implement operational improvements at the network level and to improve the individual DSP owner experience.
- Willingness to travel (~2-3 days/week); the role is based out of our JFK Hub location, but the Candidate should be flexible with hours and travel to support the portfolio of assigned DSP owners as needed.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management experience
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management.
- MBA or other advanced graduate degree.
- International Coach Federation Credentialed (ACC/PCC/MCC).
- Last Mile, Operations, or small parcel packaging experience.
- Experience working with or owning a small business.
- Verbal, written, and presentation skills, particularly in delivering constructive feedback and working through complex issues.
- Highly organized and thrive in a dynamic environment with the ability to set and adjust priorities independently.
- Can handle complex problems/efforts, decisions, and escalations.
- Mitigate long-term risks and finds a path forward in difficult situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable asking questions and collaborating with DSPs and colleagues, and the leadership to transform ideas into action.
- Help develop and improve processes, leveraging data and analytics, assessing root causes, and providing insights to help DSP owners drive strong business results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $98,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $182,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.