Global Client Lead, Amazon Ads
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers and their agencies. Our global sales teams constantly keep our shoppers in mind to help advertisers increase sales—on and off Amazon, drive brand awareness, and build relationships with their customers via our display, video, programmatic, self-service advertising and adtech solutions. Our teams interface with external partners on a daily basis; as a client partner, you are on the front line to represent Amazon Ads.
We are expanding our Global Accounts team to further advance our headquarter-level relationships with one of Amazon Ads' top clients. Therefore, we are looking for a Global Client Lead.
The Global Client Lead will work directly with Global Media VPs and their teams, global e-commerce leadership, global brand teams, as well as our client's media agency(ies) – to develop global Joint Business Plans, operationalize the global relationship, drive inclusion of Amazon Advertising inclusion in key brands’ global media planning, interface with programmatic and ad tech teams, and help solve clients’ marketing and media challenges with the breadth of our analytics and insights offering.
Focus and Deliverables:
1) Drive account revenue by building the global partnership with the client
- Manage the client relationship, act as trusted advisor and the client’s go-to resource to Director- and VP-level client counterparts in e-commerce, marketing and media
- Educate the client’s e-commerce, media and marketing community, develop relationships with the client’s global brand teams
- Identify and lead global advertising programs that generate incremental revenue beyond the local budgets
- Interface with decision makers and influencers at the clients’ media agency(ies)
- Develop and close a global media agreement delineating key global workstreams, resources and an annual spend commitment
2) Enable local account growth through internal leadership
- Create incremental local sales opportunities by building a well-connected community of local account executives across North America, EU and Asia
- Remove blockers that hold back client spending by influencing internal Amazon teams
- Monitor and benchmark local account performance
3) Build efficient global-local processes for Amazon Advertising
- Continue improving global-local sales processes, templates and tools that drive global consistency and transparency
- Interface with the Amazon Stores organization and other Amazon teams (e.g. AWS, Prime Video) on behalf of the client
- Drive the (quarterly) business review process
Key job responsibilities
The Global Client Partner within Amazon Advertising serves as the client partner to one of our large, strategic advertisers. They work directly with the client’s global media & brand teams, incl. VP-level and up to the global CMO. A key deliverable for this role is the annual Joint Business Plan (JBP) — signed into a global advertiser agreement — that structures our relationship. These are very large and highly complex (20+ locales, 10+ global brands, 10+ ad products) relationships that are now growing into cross-enterprise engagements. Internally, the Global Client Partner sets the standards and will raise the bar for the community of local teams working on the account, as well as interface with multiple product & partner teams to invent on behalf of their customer.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of B2B sales experience
- Experience managing internal and external relationships
- Experience building new customer relationships
- Experience in business development working with media agencies
- Experience in advertising sales, account management and client services
- Knowledge of data-driven (i.e. programmatic) media trading
- Experience working in global media companies
- Experience successfully engaging and negotiating at C-Level within agencies and agency groups
- Experience working with Fortune 500 advertisers, agencies, and clients
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $128,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.