Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Flex, Amazon Flex
At Amazon Logistics we are building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors – called delivery partners – to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems that allows delivery partners to on-board, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. The approach and technology are nothing short of disruptive, and promise to challenge traditional approaches, and change the way the industry operates.
We are hiring a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to help us accelerate our efforts in delivering an evolving Flex business. This person will build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these data sets to derive insights, answer business questions and drive growth.
Key job responsibilities
* The primary responsibilities of this role include:
* Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs for forecasting and pricing
* Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions that will help us achieve our strategic goals.
* Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (primarily Redshift), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
* In addition to leading the design, development, and management of our analytical tools and reporting, we will also look to this person to provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | New York, NY, USA
- 6+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
- Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $104,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $202,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.