Sr. Financial Analyst, Brand Innovation Lab
The Brand Innovation Lab (BIL) within Amazon Advertising is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst with exceptionally strong analytical skills, strong business acumen, and a desire to gain a deep understanding of the nuances of a complex business. The candidate will develop and implement new, data-driven capacity and financial planning tools, mechanisms, and metrics, tailor-made for this unique business. The candidate will work in a fast-paced and innovative environment, in close partnership with multiple business stakeholders, at a global scale.
The BIL team raises the expectations of what brand advertising can be. We leverage the entire Amazon canvas - from Amazon boxes to Amazon Music, to create bespoke advertising experiences for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
· Create reliable and effective short and long term capacity and financial plans for the global BIL team.
· Maintain alignment with multiple stakeholders on key inputs and translating outputs into business actions
· Mine large data sets to surface actionable insights
· Provide data and analysis to help inform campaign prioritization
· Build and maintain metrics such as utilization rates, productivity improvements and defect eliminations
· Create new reporting in user-friendly dashboards
· Document writing and presentations up to the Director level.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 4+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
- 4+ years of creating process improvements with automation and analysis experience
- 3+ years of finance or a related analytical field experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics or business, or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of quantitative role (engineering, process re-engineering, quality assurance) experience
- Experience with advanced use of SQL for data mining and business intelligence
- Knowledge of Tableau
- 4+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience
- MBA, or CPA
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Experience working with stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $56,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $128,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.