Principal Industry Specialist - Data Science and GenAI, AWSI-M&E
AWS Professional Services Industry Specialists (IS) are focused on envisioning and delivering customer outcomes across complex data workloads for our Media & Entertainment (M&E) customers using AWS cloud services and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions. They deliver solution guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), lead assessments and discovery projects, develop thought leadership including assets, and represent AWS at leadership events, industry forums, and summits.
We are looking for a Principal IS to help our M&E customers envision and drive data driven transformations in their business. As a Data Science and Generative AI (GenAI) Specialist, it will be your responsibility to engage early with M&E executives and develop strategies as they look to harness complex data sets to drive value across their media business from content production to distribution.
AWS Industry Specialists:
- Collaborate directly with global M&E customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
- Provide leadership to customers looking for solutions to transform their media workloads using Data Science and GenAI.
- Act as the voice-of-the-customer to oversee engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
- Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global M&E customer architects and IT leaders
- Work across multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web-based services for M&E conglomerates, major studios, music labels, publishers, OTT streaming services, new media companies, live events companies, location-based entertainment, production and postproduction companies.
- Develop and publish best practices and repeatable assets inclusive of AWS Partners to accelerate our customer’s transition to cloud-based AWS services.
Key job responsibilities
Data Science Workload Expertise: Envision data-driven solutions to support customer’s needs in optimizing and modernizing their business from content creation, smart newsroom automations for Broadcasters, data driven media supply chains, search and personalization, and any other areas of the business. Identify new applications of generative AI to address M&E customer’s needs.
Technology Leadership – Define and design solutions that exceed customer expectations based on the use of AWS services and partners.
Customer Engagements – Conduct workshops with senior M&E executives to envision solutions for accelerating their data driven transformations in a quantifiable manner. Develop project proposals and solution architectures to deliver on customer requirements. Stay engaged as the customer champion through all phases of project delivery to ensure value realization.
Industry Leadership- Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security and integration of AWS services supporting global M&E customer requirements.
Develop Partnerships – Develop M&E industry solution roadmaps for clients, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large M&E industry clients.
Industry Expertise Transfer –Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional services teams conveying customer requirements, driving inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
Industry Shows and Organizations – Participate in key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Chicago, IL, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (i.e., Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics).
- 10+ years of progressive working experience in Data Engineering and Data Science roles within the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge in Advanced analytics, Data Management, and Predictive Analytics in M&E industry.
- Working experience with Cloud based data Services (i.e., Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, AWS CleanRooms, AWS LakeFormation, Amazon SageMaker, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.).
- Experience with Machine Learning fields (e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, statistical modelling) leveraging advanced data services to drive tangible results.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Engineering
- Experience architecting, deploying and operating cloud-based solutions with AWS
- M&E Vertical industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies as well as leading-edge technology services and solutions.
- Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
- Ability to use AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS M&E industry cloud ecosystem partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $146,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $284,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.