Sr. FinTech Business Development Manager, AWS Startups
The AWS Startup Business Development team is comprised of startup founders/operators who champion and work alongside the world’s best startups, investors, and industry associations. We do what is in our power to accelerate their engineering and commercial efforts from inception to IPO, leveraging our people, technology, knowledge, programs, and relationships within and outside Amazon.
We're seeking a domain expert to join our specialist Fintech Business Development team who will be seen as a peer by Fintech founders/CxOs, institutional investors, and other key influencers in the Fintech ecosystem. You will have the exciting opportunity to create and deliver a strategy to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy in the fintech ecosystem, which includes working one-on-one with startups, launching scalable programs, and being a lynchpin within the fintech ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagements and interact at the CxO/General Partner level, as well as sufficient technical knowledge that enables them to comfortably and effectively interact with CTOs, software developers, and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Competency in cloud computing will be required for ongoing success – as is a keen sense of ownership, curiosity, scrappiness, and drive.
This role is based in the United State with some travel required for customer support and ecosystem development.
Key job responsibilities
- Working with the founders/leaders of venture-backed startups in Fintech to 1) identify their technical and commercial challenges/opportunities 2) map those needs onto people, technology, knowledge, programs, relationships across Amazon that could potentially help 3) mobilize those assets to work on behalf of these startup customers
- Developing and managing relationships with key venture funds and investors in Fintech. Activities include putting AWS assets to work on behalf of their portfolio companies, driving customer and partner relationships for the portfolio, jointly producing thought leadership and educational events for the portfolio and/or broader startup ecosystem. Conceiving, authoring, and securing support for launching and executing new initiatives and programs to meet the needs of Fintechs.
- Co-developing and executing the Fintech strategy in North America while collaborating with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, financial services organization, partner teams, business development, product management, marketing, legal, etc.).
- Discovering, capturing, and reporting back learnings from the field about challenges and opportunities as they relate to Fintech.
- Producing Fintech thought leadership and technical-leaning content, workshops, and events for the startup ecosystem. Serving as an evangelist and Fintech subject matter expert within AWS and externally.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
East Palo Alto, CA, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of business experience in financial services including business development, strategy, or sales responsibilities
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Proven ability to build trust and manage relationships with the C-level leadership of startups, managing directors of investor organizations, and other key influencers in the startup ecosystem
- Proven ability to execute as an individual contributor in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and limited resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience working effectively and cross-functionally within a large organization
- MBA or equivalent, ideally with a focus on finance
- Speaking engagements at Fintech conferences and industry events
- Knowledge of core cloud computing concepts as they relate to Fintechs and ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate among various AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.