Senior Solutions Architect, Digital Native Business
Are you an IT Leader who is passionate about Digital Native Businesses (DNB), that are in the forefront of technology? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of IT process standards? Do you have experience leading technical strategy across diverse global teams, driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Solution Architects to work with our cloud native customers and their partners in transforming their IT landscapes. The Solution Architect engages with customers to understand business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures.
The Solution Architect works with a limited number of high-value DNBs, and typically leads technology strategy across a broader team of cross-functional resources within a customer account. The Solution Architect partners with the account managers, owning the technical aspects of an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g., CTO, CIO, Architects, etc.). In addition, the Solution Architect should have the ability to take on mentoring new members on the team, or other groups based on their area of depth and expertise. They need to be thought leaders internally and externally evangelizing AWS technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with executives to define and execute on cloud strategies
- Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners)
- Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking business challenges
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility
- Assisting customers by architecting solutions on AWS that leverage cloud best practices
- Soliciting feedback from DNB customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform
- Assisting with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for platform modernization and optimization
- Assisting in defining migration roadmaps to AWS and driving buy-in across complex organizational structures.
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead strategy and growth with large DNB customers in their cloud journey.
Travel is mostly regional, and post pandemic is expected to be 15-20%.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship & Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of Solutions Architects and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Boston, MA, USA | New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics) experience
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Experience in design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures
- Knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.