Manager, Application Security, Games, Media and Entertainment Security
We are changing the way millions of customers interact with entertainment that enriches lives. Amazon Games, Media and Entertainment delivers experiences at unparalleled scale. Whether it's launching our own studio to create original and exclusive content, or connecting players and developers to the games and communities they love, Amazon Games, Media and Entertainment Security is at the center of customer, builder and content journeys. Our vision is to be the most loved and trusted entertainment service by empowering the business with innovative security solutions that complement our creative workforce without restricting our ability to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
As a successful Manager, Application Security within Games, Media and Entertainment Security, you will be seen as a leader and play a key role in ensuring security is built into our applications and services and partnering with development teams to maintain a high security bar. You will collaborate with security champions within our engineering teams to drive the implementation and validation of security controls prior to production launch. You will:
- Support application security reviews that include threat modeling, code review, and security testing.
- Provide durable, technical security guidance to security engineers to mitigate identified risks.
- Review existing processes and suggest improvements for increased security and efficiency.
- Independently solve security problems that require novel methods or approaches
- Build Security metrics to track the effectiveness of our security excellence programs and to influence your team's and partner's process, priorities and choices to improve outcomes
- Assistance with recruiting activities and
A day in the life
As a successful Manager, Application Security within Games, Media and Entertainment Security, you will be seen as a strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly understands how to drive a high level of operational and strategic excellence within a team, while collaborating with a variety of internal and external business partners. You must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short- versus long-term security and business goals. A successful candidate must be one that can handle several difficult challenges and problems, can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts rather than older static based security paradigms, though being aware of the older best practices.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience making decisions on behalf of and in support of highly technical project teams.
- Experience managing towards metrics that measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Excellent executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $272,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.