Global Partner Leader-GSP, Consulting Partners COE
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for an experienced Global Business leader to develop relationships and manage the success of our global partnership with one of the largest consulting companies in the world. As a Global Partner Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes our Gen AI services such as Amazon Bedrock, Business Applications such as Amazon Connect, foundational services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and many more cloud services.
Responsibilities include owning the strategic relationship with one of the largest consulting companies in the world, driving executive alignment, product team alignment, marketing support, along with field and channel relationships. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, along with managing the day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, hands on experience working with Global SIs and their partners, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
- Experience working with Global Consulting organizations (GSP) on a worldwide basis to define product strategies, develop and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs.
- Engage the GSP field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for both GSP and AWS.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes developing a detailed business plan and establishing a process to track the progress toward goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with a GSP and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Understand the partner’s technical requirements and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of AWS product offerings.
- Experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years working with Global Consulting Partners
- 3+ years of experience leading leaders in a global role
- MBA, Masters or equivalent executive level experience
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics, with hands on experience negotiating enterprise contracts with F100 companies
- Track record of managing Global Enterprise Accounts, with all up responsibility across the entire organization
- Strong presentation and writing skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the partner’s organization
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $154,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $288,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.