Senior Technical Business Developer (MBA Intern)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks during summer. By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. Location alignment is based on team needs.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders? Do you have a data analytics background, technical exposure, and the business development experience needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leader in the industry?
As a senior technical business developer intern, your responsibilities will include engaging with key customers and strategic partners, defining and enabling data solutions, and identifying business growth opportunities for AWS. Using data analyzation, you will educate and enable the AWS sales teams selling to customers to drive their day-to-day interactions and accelerate their business outcomes. As part of your internship, you will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services to develop and promote patterns of cloud adoption and solutions.
As an intern, you will learn by partnering with team members at AWS to lead the next paradigm shift in computing. This is your opportunity to interact with mentors and be part of a team that is driving day-to-day decisions and long-term strategy through data analysis.
If this sounds exciting to you - come build the future with us!
Key job responsibilities
• Analyze market segmentations for cloud migration to understand the data trends in the industry and provide a go-to-market strategy recommendation
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure that it aligns with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.)
• Build business development pipelines by engaging with key prospects and partners
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• Currently enrolled in an MBA or master’s degree program with a focus in analysis, informatics, business statistics, or similar with a graduation conferral date between December 2024 and September 2025
• 3+ years of relevant full-time industry or military experience, which occurred between the conferral date from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program
• Advanced experience with data management tools and analytics, such as Excel, Tableau, and SQL
• Experience with market segmentation research, especially in relation to using customer relationship management tools, such as SalesForce
• Data driven problem solving approach and being adept at simplifying complexity
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $60.82/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $115/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.