Senior Software Engineer
ARTA is a technology company creating frictionless transaction and fulfillment solutions for the world's unique objects. Our goal is to accelerate what can be bought and sold online by enabling everyone to be a buyer or seller of unique items, anytime, any place, anywhere.
We are a resourceful team dedicated to making a big difference in a complicated industry. Every obstacle is seen as an opportunity for creative problem solving.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and make a substantial impact at ARTA. We are in the early stages of launching a world class public API that makes it impossibly easy to transport anything anywhere. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a critical part of idea generation, architecture, prototyping, planning, and execution.
We take great care in choosing tools that provide productive, reliable, and fast user and developer experiences. On the backend, our ever-evolving software stack at ARTA consists of a few, focused Python and Elixir API services running on AWS and deployed via Docker + Kubernetes. On the front-end, our UI apps make use of React, Typescript, Redux and internal component libraries and communicate over WebSockets to deliver quick realtime user experiences while preserving a productive development environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product from the earliest stage of feature explorations
- Deliver, monitor, and optimize services for the small constellation of Elixir services that together form ARTA’s API
- Create innovative developer tooling and deliver friendly, blazing-fast API endpoints for our customers and internal teams
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews with your teammates and collaborators
- Build seamless and resilient integrations with remote API services
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance developer productivity
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on high-impact projects
Who You Are:
- You have deep experience writing and optimizing production API services using Elixir/Phoenix, Python/Django, Ruby on Rails, Node/Express, or similar backend MVC frameworks
- You proactively mitigate issues through test-driven development, continuous deployment, and thoughtful monitoring and alerting
- You have expertise working with PostgresSQL relational databases and model object relations with efficiency and performance in mind
- You have worked in large codebases and can deliver testable, re-factorable, and scalable distributed systems
- You are able to establish scope of assigned tasks, execute on them, and independently communicate status updates
- You enjoy collaborative code reviews and can provide thoughtful, constructive feedback to peers
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the team’s success
ARTA has headquarters in New York City and London. Remote applicants are encouraged to apply; ARTA is committed to providing an excellent experience for all remote teammates into the future.
ARTA is backed by notable VCs like Notation Capital as well as the key players in our industry including Sotheby’s, David Zwirner Gallery and Rashid Johnson to name a few. We have validated that we can produce results for both our merchants and logistics partners; now, with your help, it's time to push the industry even further.