Head of Client Strategy
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2022
At Beam, we’re on a mission to shift $10B from brands to nonprofits by creating what loyalty would look like if it were designed for today’s customers. In the last year, we’ve funded 4M+ meals for food-insecure communities, the prevention of 1M+ lbs of CO2, and more.
Across our network of 90+ mission-driven brands like Instacart, Roots Canada, and Parade, we let you make ~1% of every purchase go to a high-impact nonprofit you choose from a curated set reflecting what the brand stands for–at no extra cost.
As customers see how their dollars are going towards goals, like funding the removal of 10K lbs of plastic from the ocean, Beam builds emotional buy-in. We lift average order value by 15% and convert 30% more customers to make a second purchase within 90 days–far outperforming traditional loyalty, especially with millennials and Gen Z.
Our work to help people turn their spending power into tangible impact every day has been recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30 for Social Impact, SXSW, Cannes Lions, and more.
About the role:
Are you looking for a highly motivated team working together to build a category defining product driving massive social impact? The Head of Client Strategy will play a key role in expanding our network of mission-driven brands leading the way in their respective categories as we grow from a team of <10 to >50 this year.
As with any fast-growing, early-stage team, responsibilities are likely to evolve. The Head of Client Strategy can expect to work closely with 3-4 other members of our Client Strategy team, Beam’s Chief of Staff, Beam's Head of Sales, and Beam’s CEO to:
· Build and lead Beam’s Client Strategy org
· Collaborate with Beam’s CEO, Head of Sales, and Chief of Staff in setting net dollar retention targets and strategy
· Establish foundational process for the growing Client Strategy team
· Own the optimization of Beam’s existing Client Strategy playbook, especially by vertical
· Coach Client Strategy Leads in effectively and efficiently responding to partners’ requests and concerns
· Develop cross-functional channels to QA integrations and report any issues to Beam’s Engineering / Product teams
· Collaborate with Beam’s CEO & Head of Sales to ensure the expansion of key strategic partnerships
· Identify new strategies to grow brand partnerships and maximize partner happiness
· Synthesize partner requests into potential new features, and work closely with our Product team to add requested new features to our product roadmap
· Work closely with Product & Beam's CTO to identify opportunities to productize and automate ROI storytelling and visualization
This is a client-facing role for someone who wants to join a company on a path to major scale while creating tremendous social good. The ideal candidate is analytical, tenacious, energetic, driven by impact, and loves a challenge. They excel at written and in-person story-telling, extracting insights from data, and team-building.
· 6-12 years of experience in Client Strategy / Partner Success experience at a high-growth SaaS company, including at least 2 years of managerial experience
· Having joined a SaaS org at an early stage (Seed, Series A, Series B) and having scaled within it over 2+ years
· Having previously owned a revenue-related KPI and having had experience communicating ROI to partners
· Client Strategy / Partner Success experience at an ecomm enablement company
Total cash compensation for this role is $165,000-$190,000
· Unlimited PTO with a required minimum of at least 2 weeks off per year
· Flexible work from home policy
· Competitive salary
· Significant company stock options
· Partial 401k match
· Healthcare, vision, dental fully covered
· Paid parental leave for all parents
· $100 / month in wellbeing stipend to be used at your discretion (e.g., gym membership, mental health resources like yoga classes & meditation app subscriptions)
· $750 / year in professional development (e.g., conferences, courses, books)
· Option to work in our gorgeous NYC HQ with sunlight, plants, drinks, snacks, music and energy
· Regular team events and volunteering
· Regular on-sites every 4-6 months for the entire Beam team to come together for team-building in NYC
· $1,000 referral bonuses for every new member of the growing Beam team that you send our way
Beam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-friendly company that is able to hire in all 50 states and D.C and Canada. We can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US or Canada.