Paralegal - Legal & Compliance
Paralegal - Legal & Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Aug 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 116585
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking legal and compliance professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
You’ll be part of Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Paralegal team, working closely with members across the Legal & Compliance Department.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide a wide variety of project management, administrative and operational support for the Legal & Compliance teams’ daily operations
- Participate in the creation, maintenance, and storage of legal and compliance documentation (e.g., database management, record keeping)
- Identify and implement improvements to current operations and workflows to enhance efficiency
- Collaborate with our attorneys and compliance professionals on gathering, organizing and analyzing data to address legal or compliance matters (e.g., regulatory filings)
- Assist with drafting and managing correspondence with internal stakeholders and external parties
- Prepare and arrange documents for signature by authorized signatories
- Perform ad hoc administrative and operational tasks to support the Legal & Compliance Department (e.g., creating PowerPoint presentations and managing logistics for global department meetings and other events)
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on projects requiring a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while effectively managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and manage priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative/follow up with others as needed to complete tasks
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with DocuSign, iManage, Litera/Workshare Compare, e-billing software, e-discovery software or other legal technology or matter management tools
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Visio
- Licensed notary or willingness to become one
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- A willingness to take on new tasks and develop new skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 95,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus