Senior Accounting Analyst - International Controller’s Group - Finance and Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jul 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 117531
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the Role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The International Controller’s Group is a diverse team within the Bloomberg Finance organization responsible for the oversight of international reporting for our companies around the world. We deal with local requirements all over the globe and partner with local experts to ensure Bloomberg is compliant with the applicable accounting and reporting regulations.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, team-oriented and a flexible Senior Accountant to work in an exciting, fast-paced dynamic environment and industry to provide international reporting oversight and analysis.
We’ll trust you to:
- Carry out monthly accounting activities for international statutory reporting for overseas Bloomberg companies
- Project manage interim and year-end close processes including financial statement reconciliation, entries, and financial activity analysis
- Provide local financial statement audit support/reconciliations and ensure accuracy and timely completion
- Ensure timely completion of financial data for preparation of foreign tax returns
- Assist with development of financial statement analysis & variance analysis
- Assist with tax audits
- Assist overseas local bookkeepers with operational issues
- Contribute to process improvement and enhancement projects
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ accounting experience
- Strong accounting foundation including in US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks for self and for team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- International accounting experience, including IFRS or other local accounting standards
- Proficiency in SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus