Product Manager - FX Electronic Trading, Deposits
Product Manager - FX Electronic Trading, Deposits
New York, NY
Posted Jul 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 117647
We're Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two-person hedge fund - we're an integral part of the financial market workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up-to-the-millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
What's the role?
Bloomberg FX extends the offerings of the Bloomberg Terminal by providing a full suite of Foreign Exchange functionality including global FX news, data, analytics, electronic trading, and communication via the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s electronic trading platform (FXGO) is a multi-bank FX trading platform that provides powerful functionality to negotiate trades in FX and deposit instruments with liquidity providers located in over 140 countries.
Bloomberg’s electronic trading team is looking for a qualified Product Manager for the FXGO platform to further develop our deposit trading offering. This position carries a high level of visibility and responsibility. Applicants should possess a deep body of knowledge and experience in the FX/Deposit e-commerce markets. The candidate should have an in-depth understanding of the financial markets, the trading process, the competitive landscape, and STP or OMS connectivity. We are looking for a self-driven individual with proven product management experience, who can provide solutions to help manage our existing client business as well as expand our current offerings.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with the business team to develop Bloomberg's FXGO e-trading strategy by bringing novel ideas and deep market insight to the table
- Clearly articulate that strategy in the business plan, senior management presentations, and both formal and informal communications across the firm, as well as with appropriate customers, to ensure that all stakeholders are bought into the plan
- Partner with customers, prospects, and Bloomberg’s sales force to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
- Manage the flow of in-bound product development requests, set clear and effective priorities for work to be done, and set expectations with clients and sales on timelines
- Express Bloomberg's FX/Deposit e-commerce product strategy in well-thought-out, innovative, and intuitive product designs while working daily with Bloomberg's Engineering department to drive and oversee the development of our electronic trading product set
- Interact with compliance and risk groups to ensure the operational and regulatory integrity of the system
- Work closely with marketing and sales on the rollout of new products, enhancements, and implementation of the overall FX/Deposit electronic trading strategy to further our e-trading franchise
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in FX/Deposits on the sell-side, buy-side, or at a vendor including 3+ years of Product Management experience*
- Proven experience in overseeing product development from a business level
- Ability to work effectively with programmers to build and deliver a world-class product to customers
- Demonstrated understanding of the current functioning of the FX/Deposit electronic trading market in addition to the understanding of client workflows and the foreign exchange/deposit process including settlements
We’d love to See:
- Ability to develop strategy around a wide range of projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Coding knowledge and/or knowledge of query tools
- Prior experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus