Machine Learning Engineer - Applied Modeling - Data Technologies
New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 118200
Who we are:
The Bloomberg Engineering Data Technologies Department engineers systems and models that serve billions of data points to some of the World’s most discerning customers each day.
The Applied Modeling team strives to create and share insights by leveraging our internal partners’ deep domain expertise and applying Machine Learning methods to Bloomberg’s petabytes of data. We're a dynamic, collaborative and intellectually stimulating bunch, working together on interesting problems to bring impact to our customers and clients. We care deeply about building a diverse, inclusive organization, and hope that you can join us in this exciting work!
Who are we looking for?
We're seeking an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join our Applied Modeling Team, where you will lead the charge in applying advanced machine learning models to address intricate financial and investment business challenges.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to drive impactful projects that directly influence financial markets and investment strategies.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of experts in machine learning, finance, and technology across Engineering, the CTO office, the Data group and the Product organization
- Access to proprietary tools, technologies, and extensive financial data.
- If you're enthusiastic about crafting and deploying production-grade machine learning solutions for intricate machine learning challenges, we invite you to apply to our forward-thinking Applied Modeling Team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, engineers, and domain experts to identify opportunities for leveraging machine learning in solving financial and investment problems.
- Develop, implement, deploy, and optimize production-grade machine learning algorithms and models that extract valuable insights from Bloomberg’s expansive universe of data.
- Contribute to and drive the end-to-end model development lifecycle, encompassing data preprocessing, feature engineering, model selection, training, validation, and deployment.
- Design and implement robust and scalable solutions for deploying machine learning models thereby ensuring reliability, performance, and security.
- Analyze and interpret model outputs, communicating clear and actionable recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders within the company.
- Stay at the forefront of advancements in machine learning and finance, proactively exploring opportunities to integrate the latest technologies into Bloomberg's solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java or Python.
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Apache Spark and other distributed data processing technologies
- Strong understanding of machine learning and statistical modeling concepts and techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying machine learning models to real-world environments, utilizing technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with and analyzing large-scale datasets and time series data.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to translate complex business requirements into effective machine learning solutions.
- Sense of ownership of the work, working well both independently and collaboratively
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 165,000 - 260,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus