Sourcing Analyst - Finance & Administration (Contract)
Sourcing Analyst - Finance & Administration (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 6, 2024 - Requisition No. 123043
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Sourcing Analyst to join its US HQ based in New York City. As an Individual Contributor you will support sourcing for our Procurement business units. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead and execute less-complex agreements and renewals, including interactions with the vendor, legal, business unit, and procurement operations
- Negotiate contract terms with vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and your team as appropriate
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services
- Become your team’s Subject Matter Expert on procurement systems and data reporting and management
- Maintain and oversee your team’s sourcing project pipeline
- Be your team’s primary interface with Procurement Ops, Accounts Payable, and Supplier Life Cycle Management teams for non-contract issues
- Ensure adherence to the sourcing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update sourcing or purchasing policies as needed
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively and support the Sourcing Managers to negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Support the Sourcing Managers and Team Leads in:
- Working with cross-BU stakeholders to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Developing sourcing strategies and managing a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Understanding the internal and external environment for the goods/services required
- Building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Engage stakeholders across various business units and/or geographies
- Understand the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities as necessary
- Work with your TL to create and implement a Development Plan to be ready for career advancement on an agreed timeframe
You'll need to have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in procurement operations or sourcing roles
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Good stakeholder engagement abilities
- Good project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Good supplier management skills
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Very strong ability to gather, analyze, and report on internal data sources
- Ability to gather external data and combine with internal sources to inform sourcing decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- Experience independently negotiating and implementing vendor agreements
- Application of negotiation, accounting, and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 50 - 58 USD Hourly