Manager, Equities Operations
We believe the financial markets can and should work for everyone. Capitolis is the technology company reimagining how capital markets operate by unlocking capital constraints and enabling greater access to more diversified capital and investment opportunities. Rooted in advanced technology and deep financial expertise, Capitolis powers groundbreaking financial solutions that drive growth for global and regional banks — and institutional investors alike. Capitolis is backed by world class venture capital firms, including Canapi Ventures, 9Yards Capital, SVB Capital, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, and S Capital, as well as leading global banks such as J.P. Morgan, Citi, and State Street.
Founded in 2017, our team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology and financial services and is growing rapidly from our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is looking for an Equities Operations Manager to support the efforts of capital optimization for our customers. This role will be responsible for performing the daily operations function related to our Equity/TRS Businesses. The Equities Operations Manager is a highly collaborative, cross functional role that will work with internal and external groups (i.e., Clients, business, product, development).
The ideal candidate would have deep knowledge of the trade lifecycle of equity and equity derivative markets, enjoy working with complex customer data, and experience collaborating with technology development to build appropriate operational workflows to drive increased customer value. The Equities Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
- Oversee and support the execution of Equities / TRS trading and efficiency-based activities:
- Assist in execution of the program including building TRS baskets for clients, inspecting and verifying all trade details, entering OEMS orders, and creating trade files.
- Trade and position reconciliation with cash equity agents, fund services, custody, and trading counterparties.
- Ensure proper bookings of corporate action events and dividend payments.
- Coordinate with custody to ensure timely settlement and fails resolution of equity trades.
- Daily cash, margin, and realized pnl reconciliation to assist with cash movement and settlements.
- Assist with documentation of procedures and process improvement.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to develop and test updates to product functionality.
- Collaborate with Adoption and Sales to offer client support on operational processes for the various Capitolis products.
- 6+ years operations experience, ideally in Finance or FinTech industry.
- Strong Equities / TRS middle or back office operational knowledge.
- Advanced Excel knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus (i.e., C+, C++, R, Python, etc.)
- Positive attitude and willingness to wear lots of hats.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize high volumes of tasks with urgency.
- Display goal orientation while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
The target annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 – $155,000 and is dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills. In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role includes an annual discretionary bonus and company equity. This role is also eligible to participate in company-sponsored benefits and perks.
Our Company Values
We operate with a clear set of values that guide us — our way of being, decisions, and actions. These values define who we are, and we are committed to all of them. These values are uniquely ours. If these values — all of them — speak to you, this is an amazing place, but we are not for everyone. Learn more about our Company Values here.
- We lead with purpose, while creating exceptional value
- We pursue big breakthroughs, responsibly
- We learn from the best and are unapologetically independent
- We are obsessed with the future and fanatical about executing today
- We play tough, with heart
Our People Attributes
Our People Attributes are characteristics that describe the DNA of Capitolis employees. They provide a consistent framework to hire, assess, and develop our team against. Learn more about our People Attributes on our careers page here.
- Super Smart: quality thinking and know what good looks like
- Badass: all in, get stuff done, and high standards
- Good Human: collaborative, open-minded, authentic and real, and pursue self-actualization