Sr. Front End Developer
We believe the financial markets can and should work for everyone. Capitolis is the technology company helping to create safer and more vibrant capital markets by unlocking capital constraints and enabling greater access to more diversified capital and investment opportunities. Rooted in advanced technology and deep financial expertise, Capitolis powers groundbreaking financial solutions that drive growth for global and regional banks – and institutional investors alike. Capitolis is backed by world class venture capital firms, including Canapi Ventures, 9Yards Capital, SVB Capital, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, and S Capital, as well as leading global banks such as J.P. Morgan, Citi and State Street.
Founded in 2017, our team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology, and financial services. Capitolis was recently named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 as well as Crain's 2022 Best Places to Work in New York City list.
About the Role
Capitolis is looking for a Sr. Front End Developer to join our Compression Engineering team. As we grow our NY-based Engineering team, we are looking for an experienced hands-on engineer who is a creative thinker and thrives on solving challenging problems. Using React and Node.js, you will contribute to the design and implementation of the front-end engineering components that lead to a strong and creative UI. You are a go to SME for front end development projects, as well as a true team player who is eager roll up your sleeves and help build infrastructures that drive business value for our Optimization platform and services. This role is located in our brand-new Global HQ in New York City, across from Bryant Park.
What You’ll Do
- Design software according to agreed standards, architecture, and requirements
- Plan and build creative, scalable, and secure solutions
- Work closely with product managers, designers and developers to create high-quality, interactive UI applications
- Share your expert knowledge and lead the UI technological processes
Who You Are
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Approximately 8+ years of front end engineering/developer experience
- Experience in state management libraries, such as Mobx or React-Redux
- Experience with Node.js or any other backend web framework - Advantage
- Solid and deep knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, and ES6
- Familiarity with modern front-end builds, pipelines, and tools such as NPM and Yarn, are an advantage
- Knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks, like Material UI Styled components, is an advantage
- Excitement for continuing to learn and grow your tech skills
The target annual base salary range for this position is $170,000 – $190,000 and is dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills. In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role includes an annual discretionary bonus and company equity. This role is also eligible to participate in company-sponsored benefits and perks.
Our Company Values
We operate with a clear set of values that guide us — our way of being, decisions, and actions. These values define who we are, and we are committed to all of them. These values are uniquely ours. If these values — all of them — speak to you, this is an amazing place, but we are not for everyone. Learn more about our Company Values here.
- We lead with purpose, while creating exceptional value
- We pursue big breakthroughs, responsibly
- We learn from the best and are unapologetically independent
- We are obsessed with the future and fanatical about executing today
- We play tough, with heart
Our People Attributes
Our People Attributes are characteristics that describe the DNA of Capitolis employees. They provide a consistent framework to hire, assess, and develop our team against. Learn more about our People Attributes on our careers page here.
- Super Smart: quality thinking and know what good looks like
- Badass: all in, get stuff done, and high standards
- Good Human: collaborative, open-minded, authentic and real, and pursue self-actualization