Business Development Manager, Law Firms
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Business Development Manager, Law Firms will represent Carta in-market and oversee the company’s efforts to grow its network, deepen existing relationships, and develop additional business opportunities with Carta’s key law firm partners. The Business Development (Channel) team works cross-functionally to drive ecosystem partnerships to accelerate our growing business. Ideal candidates will be energized by building and managing external relationships, cross-functional collaboration, digging into data, finding scalable and repeatable best practices, constructing strategic communications, and helping to change practice across a dynamic industry.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Create champions for Carta’s products within key law firm practices in the Emerging Company / Venture Capital space
- Manage—and deepen—Carta’s partner relationships in key markets
- Identify and develop new long-term relationships to grow Carta’s network and business
- Leverage Salesforce to map partner contacts by firm and geography, and maintain Carta’s partner contact database
- Collaborate with business development peers to strategically manage national relationships across geographies and create unified account plans for key partners
- Collaborate with Product and internal teams to develop new product and product strategies geared towards partners
- Work cross-functionally across the business with Sales, Marketing, Product, Implementations, and Support; convey feedback from the field to internal stakeholders
- Operate in the field as a representative of Carta, meeting with current and prospective partners and attending industry events on Carta’s behalf (up to 25% travel)
The Impact You’ll Have
You will expand Carta’s distribution and market share by helping us deepen working relationships with key partners—and developing relationships with new ones. You will represent Carta as a valuable contributor to rapidly growing tech & venture ecosystems across the US.
You enjoy building lasting, productive relationships. You are curious, and you’re driven to key in on relationships and strategies that benefit all sides. You dig in to find ways to work with others. You are data-informed. You are empathetic with respect to the needs of our ecosystem partners. You have a strong moral compass. You are motivated by making a material impact on our business. You are energized by sharing your learnings with others. You roll up your sleeves to partner with colleagues from across the company to explore what’s possible and drive results.
- Significant knowledge of the tech & venture ecosystem
- Relevant network of contacts within the community, specifically encompassing law firms, outsourced CFOs, and other ecosystem players
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills, with experience leading meetings with key leaders and decision makers
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models
- Understanding of trends in tech and venture capital
- 3-6 years of Business Development, Partnerships, or other relevant GTM experience
- JD with time spent practicing in the emerging companies space
- Prior experience managing relationships with high-profile ecosystem partners including law firms, outsourced CFOs, service providers, venture capital firms, or other technology companies
- Understanding of startups and the fundraising process, equity management, liquidity, fund administration, or valuation services.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $200,000 - $250,000 in New York, NY
- $200,000 - $250,000 in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.