VP, Business Development, CLEAR Verified
The Vice President, Business Development, Powered by CLEAR will be responsible for building and leading CLEAR’s networked identity business across all B2B verticals outside of healthcare. In this role you will lead the team that identifies and expands external partnerships that support CLEAR’s objective of creating a more secure, trusted, digital world by utilizing the Powered by CLEAR platform for networked digital identity verification at scale. You will have P&L ownership; will oversee the non-healthcare BD, Partner Enablement (launch) and Partner Success (engagement & growth) teams; and will partner closely with Sales, Product, Marketing Engineering and Strategy to evaluate potential product enhancements, new verticals, and go-to-market strategies for CLEAR to enter and grow within as a branded and membership-driven B2B2C technology solution.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to grow Powered by CLEAR's market presence, membership, and revenue via strategic partners across a variety of industries, including digital marketplaces, ecommerce, P2P networking and online trust, financial services, gaming, travel, government, and more.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, partnerships, and market segments that align with Powered by CLEAR's core competencies and contribute to revenue and membership growth.
- Lead negotiations with strategic partners while ensuring the alignment of company interests.
- Lead a team of business development professionals to identify and pursue potential clients, negotiate partnerships, and drive revenue growth in diverse industries.
- Foster a high-performing and collaborative environment within the Business Development team, promoting CLEAR's values of transparency, innovation, and customer-centricity.
- Collaborate with sales, product, engineering, marketing, legal and finance, to drive deals while developing integrated solutions that meet our partners' needs and advance our product offerings.
- Lead the Partner Enablement and Growth teams, to drive successful growth and utilization of Powered by CLEAR with partners.
- Be finely tuned into market research, competition, regulatory changes, industry trends, and market gaps to identify potential areas of expansion across multiple industries.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including industry influencers and potential strategic partners.
- Provide thought leadership in identity solutions, representing CLEAR at industry events and networking opportunities.
- Drive the development and execution of go-to-market strategies, including pricing, sales tactics, and customer acquisition plans.
What you're great at:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in business development or strategic partnerships, preferably within the technology sector.
- Proven track record of closing deals and managing partnerships that have led to significant revenue growth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic business development plans.
- Strong negotiation skills and a deep understanding of contract structures.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a track record of managing and motivating high-performing teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, able to represent CLEAR effectively to diverse audiences, build relationships, and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Deep understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and competitive landscape in various sectors.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and evaluate new business opportunities and develop innovative growth strategies.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and market insights to make informed business decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
The base salary range for this role is $225,000-275,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.