Talent Programs Manager - New York, NY
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We’re excited to be hiring a Talent Programs Manager at Cockroach Labs. This role is the first of its kind on our People Team and the projects and programs you manage will create a new dimension of support for Roachers in their development and recognition. You will be responsible for planning and driving performance and compensation initiatives throughout the year. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders on the People team and in the business, to ensure that all managers and employees participate and derive value from these initiatives.
- Manage the annual performance cycle, which currently includes a primary and an off-cycle performance/promotion cycle.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and People Operations to ensure alignment and partnership for executing the performance and compensation cycles.
- Drive global consistency in our programs while ensuring sufficient adaptation for relevant geographies and business groups.
- Design and deliver training and enablement resources for managers and employees to ensure everyone can clearly navigate expectations, responsibilities, and processes.
- Collect feedback and data in order to recommend any changes in our current processes and apply change management principles when implementing those changes.
- Create a structure for ensuring accountability of company-wide individual goal management.
- Support other People Development initiatives as needed, such as career pathing and professional development.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about our current processes, programs, and systems. You will meet with colleagues across the company and start building relationships that will help you better understand Cockroach Labs. It is imperative that you take this time to connect with fellow Roachers, so that you have an understanding of how we work and what we value.
In your first 60 days, you will review our performance and compensation processes in detail and suggest any changes in approach that would ease the burden for stakeholders no matter how small the changes could be. You’ll be preparing for a May kickoff of the annual performance process using the foundation of our current approaches while preparing for future iterations.
At 3 months, you will be integrated into the team and preparing for the transition from performance to compensation processes. You will be the lead project driver across People Operations & Development with a good understanding of how our programs relate to many subgroups and stakeholders across the organization. You’ll have an excellent understanding of our people and systems and the ability to ensure maximum impact from the upcoming annual cycle.
- Minimum 8 years of experience required; with at least 5 years of that experience working with managers and leaders in talent project-based roles, talent consulting, or HR Business Partner capacity
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth organization with a preference for those in the technology industry
- Exceptional organizational skills, demonstrating mastery in managing multiple high-impact projects and programs with multiple stakeholders, employing advanced project management fundamentals.
- A scrappy mentality coupled with project management fundamentals, adaptable to various tools and methodologies (whether you have SaaS tools in-play or not)
- Strong understanding of career, levels, and compensation frameworks (as well as how those intersect with performance management)
- Advanced Google Sheets and Slides skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently handle large amounts of data and translate that into digestible information
Reporting to Lauren Weber, Director, People Operations
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what's delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $125,000 to $170,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.