Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise
We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
We are building a brand new team in India but we're based in NYC. (India based candidates only)
The team would be responsible for building and owning foundational global platforms and services, their deployments including aspects such as compliance and security. They would also be owning and enabling integrations with the Percipio family of products, iterating on the needs of our enterprise customers and building compelling learning experiences along the way.
What You'll Do
- Leverage backend technologies to deliver new products and features to learners
- Architect efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate closely with our Curriculum, Data Science, DevOps, Design, Marketing, and Product teams to build an engaging user experience for our learners
- Build products and experiences people love through intuitive design and clear user experiences
- Be a champion for developing and adhering to engineering standards within the team. We want to build high-quality software that’s easy to understand, easy to change, and works the way it’s supposed to
- Put automated testing, tracking, and monitoring in place to ensure our website and integrations is always working as expected
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 4 years of experience developing distributed systems
- Experience developing and maintaining APIs; comfortable with API design patterns (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases. We primarily use PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Building and optimizing for performance and scalability
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Excited about the opportunities and challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase and associated microservices
- Working experience in AWS and infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- A background in devops
- Experience with Golang and/or Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of frontend frameworks like React
- You love teaching people to code as a mentor, volunteer, writer, or teacher
Check out our Engineering Values matrix on our Github here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.