Business Intelligence - Sr Data Analytics
We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
The team is focused on building products and offerings, adapting features to ensure that learners have the best possible experience throughout. The team would be responsible for building and owning foundational global services and applications, understanding users and product usage, running experiments and shipping continuous improvements.
- Evaluate data to proactively identify opportunities that improve the team members’ experience and business outcomes.
- Contribute to analytics infrastructure by building and extending on top of data models focusing on performance and maintainability.
- Ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model, and when it doesn’t build the necessary capabilities to adjust.
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards in Looker to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional area.
- Train end-users to self-serve data requests with Looker.
- Apply software engineering best practices to the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing).
- Identify process improvements, contribute to our documentation, and share best practices with the team and our end-users.
- Collaborate with business operations, data science and data engineering to ensure data quality and integrity
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years in an analytical role for a digital product
- Strong problem solving skills to determine how best to employ multiple data sets and analytical methods to answer product development questions
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating the results of an analysis to a variety of audiences
- Deep technical expertise in SQL and business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker)
- Proficiency with agile development software methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight timelines
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
- Proficient in BI tools like Looker, Programming languages like SQL and Python, Expert in Data Modeling using dbt and LookML, and comfortable using Git, Segment and data warehouse like Redshift/Snowflake.
- Experience working in Edtech or equivalent industries
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be $85,000 to $105,000 annualized.
We also offer participation in the Company Bonus Program and full benefits. The company may modify salaries, salary ranges and/or Pay Plans from time to time as it deems necessary.
Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York as we change the way people learn and advance their careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.