UI / UX Design Catalog Content Contributor - Part Time
We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
Codecademy is looking for a knowledgeable designer or instructor to help write our newest career path, UI and UX Designer. The Catalog Content Contributor works directly with the Codecademy Curriculum team to author interactive lessons, quizzes, projects, and other content items to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality. This is a paid, remote, part-time position, with a typical commitment of 15-25 hours per week.
- Design and author interactive lessons, quizzes, articles, tutorials, projects, and other content items as applicable
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible exercises
- Collaborate with Codecademy's Curriculum team to craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Fluency with and experience in UI and/or UX Design
- Formal or informal teaching experience with UI and/or UX Design
- Experience in Figma
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Professional experience in UI and/or UX Design
- Experience in user research methodologies and tools
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
Target hourly rate for this job requisition is anticipated to be $50 hourly.
Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York as we change the way people learn and advance their careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.