Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Spec)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
Our Shared Services team is responsible for building modern cloud based applications, integrations (APIs and asynchronous), AI/ML based services, and scalable architectures that power software solutions across the organization. As a member of this team, your day-to-day work will be focused on building new capabilities for all other engineering teams, along with modernizing existing application architectures.
We’re looking for a backend Senior Software Engineer to join our collectible data improvement team where you’ll design and build processing pipelines to ingest 3rd party collectible data and API services to access the data that will be used across the organizations. Build cloud based architecture solutions that need to scale to meet the needs of all our brands.
You’ll report to the Director of Engineering and work from our Santa Ana office. Remote or hybrid candidates will also be considered. We believe that there is significant value in in-person collaboration. If you live within a 1 hour commuting distance to one of our offices, you will be required to be onsite most of the time. This will be discussed further as part of the recruiting process.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of new cloud-based software architectures
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability and deployment
- Provide feedback pertaining to technical designs, proposals and code
- Analyze existing applications / databases and identify areas for improvement
- Design and contribute to APIs that can support user experiences on web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with engineers while also conducting code reviews to ensure consistent design patterns are being applied
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building APIs and backend systems
- 3+ years experience in Java or Python, and are also not afraid to take on other new technologies
- 2+ years of experience with AWS cloud services such as Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, MSK, OpenSearch, S3, SNS, SQS as well as infrastructure tools (ex:- Terraform, Docker)
- Experience with GraphDB (Neo4j, AWS Neptune), NLP
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and database design (RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Experienced in building CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient at using appropriate security, testing, documentation, and/or monitoring best practices
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $135,549 - $220,067. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
U.S. residents: for disclosures relating to personal information we collect during the employment application and recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice for U.S. Applicants.
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.