Data Analyst, Compliance
Data Analyst, Compliance
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the role:
At Current, data is at the core of everything we do. As a Data Analyst on our exceptional Compliance team, you will be responsible for driving our business intelligence to power reporting, analytics and Strategic decision making. You will own the reporting and analytics framework for Compliance. Your day to day could include working on descriptive and diagnostic analytics, modeling data in BI tools, designing templatized reports and dashboards, or creating meaningful metrics and KPIs. You will push the bounds of our data richness and stability by partnering with analytics and data engineers to create well-structured and validated datasets from disparate unstructured sources.
As part of the Compliance team, this role will provide an opportunity for you to develop very strong working relationships across the team and throughout the Current organization. To succeed, you must also be enthused by the prospect of mastering the intricacies of numerous business operational procedures and how they relate to regulatory requirements. At the same time, you will partner closely with peers across data analytics, product, engineering, and operation functions to support Compliance analytics and reporting needs. All team members will look to you for leadership in building and maintaining meaningful and actionable data sources and reporting. Our most senior leaders will reply upon your work product in order to fulfill their responsibility to effectively manage Current’s compliance risk.
- Establish Looker as a primary data reporting and analytics tool; build modular data models in Looker for efficient and sophisticated data analysis
- Drive compliance related data modeling requirements for analytics and data engineers
- Automate compliance testing procedures and reporting.
- Explore, validate, and build high value datasets and analyses to power strategies and business intelligence.
- Drive metrics standardization and build consensus among different stakeholders
- Help the team quantify goals and KPIs/OKRs
- Drive data driven culture across the organization; train and educate Compliance partners on analytics best practices and self-serving/leveraging BI tools.
- Work closely with platform, risk, growth, and other teams to support Compliance analytics, reporting and other data needs.
- 3+ years of experience working in the data analytics/business intelligence domain
- 1+ years of experience building data models, reports and dashboards in BI tools(preferably Looker)
- You are a SQL expert, used to working with complex data sets; converting business problems into SQL is something that comes with ease to you.
- Experience in defining and building meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- Ability to visualize data in different formats.
- Excellent communication, requirement gathering and prioritization skills.
- Ability to narrate a story with your data and insights that you generate.
- Some statistical analytics knowledge and experience.
- Some programming experience(Python Preferred)
- Experience working in Fintech, Banks, Financial Services and Operations domain(s)
Nice to have:
- Experience modeling data in dbt.
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases(Prefered: Bigquery, etc).
- 2+ years experience in the compliance domain; automating compliance testing procedures and reporting.
- Some programming scripting experience in Python.
This role has a base salary range of $105,000- $145,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches