Location: NYC-Based Required.
About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Sr. Sourcing Associate to join our Sourcing team who is passionate about changing the food system and changing how people eat. We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker, process-oriented and enjoys collaborating with cross-functional teams. The Sr. Sourcing Associate will work with food safety, sourcing, commercialization, manufacturing, brand marketing and our external suppliers to prioritize, lead, and facilitate cross-departmental sourcing-focused projects to completion.
Demonstrated experience in project management, priority management and strong communication, with the ability to assess risk against tight timelines are a must. This person will play a critical role in the next stage of growth at Daily Harvest, as our supplier base, manufacturing network, culinary innovation cycle and strategic sourcing programs continue to grow. This role reports directly to the Sr. Category Manager - Ingredients.
What you’ll do:
- Own the day to day management and development of the frozen & refrigerated categories.
- Responsible for contracting annual needs for the frozen & refrigerated ingredients.
- Negotiate future contracts and manage the bid process for current suppliers and potential new suppliers.
- Request and review monthly inventory from partners to avoid stock outs or production-related delays.
- Escalate and communicate any ingredient or contract delays with the Head of Sourcing and Planning.
- Build the annual budget and identify cost savings opportunities and upcoming market movements or risks.
- Develop a short and long-term strategy for each ingredient and supplier.
- Support Strategic Sourcing initiatives to build out Fair Trade, Direct to Grower, Transitional Organic and BIPOC supplier network.
- Issue accurate projections to suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Issue and review annual scorecards with all suppliers.
- Work with FSQA to onboard new ingredients through internal systems and coordinate between suppliers and Daily Harvest FSQA to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with Operations and Finance teams to provide accurate ingredient pricing forecasts based on any material trends in SKU/ingredient changes.
- Support Accounting and Finance teams to close month-end books on time and accurately.
- Partner with Culinary to look for new ingredients and existing specification improvements.
- Serve as the point of contact with our manufacturing facilities to provide exemplary service and problem-solving in an effort to ensure supply continuity and keep production on schedule.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Supply Chain, Operations, Food Studies is preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in food manufacturing, preferably in supply chain or operations.
- Highly adaptable and flexible. Able to manage competing demands, deal with frequent change and unexpected events.
- Strong analytical skills using Excel and data management tools.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities with minimal supervision. Uses time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) and in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience and management.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work
- Bias for action and drive to produce results.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Product Development, Sourcing, Manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Highly effective ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence and network with a wide range of diverse groups, including senior leadership, management, and vendors.
- High-level proficiency in computer applications and systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $75,000 - $100,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment