Product Manager II - Containers
As the Product Manager for Containers, you will be responsible for creating and executing the plan to launch workflow-driven, end-to-end, in-app user experience for Container Monitoring. You will partner with the lead containers Product Manager to contribute to the overall strategy and the plan for Container Monitoring. You will also have the end-to-end ownership, from product brief to launch to adoption tracking, of individual features within Container Monitoring, and you will work with customers, engineers, and marketing managers to launch these features. You will support multiple enablement and go-to-market initiatives within Container Monitoring.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the Containers in-app user experience end-to-end including creating a plan for improving the experience, building roadmap, writing product briefs, working with the design and engineering team, and launching features
- Work backwards from customers on recommendations for new features and enhancements to Containers in-app experience (including Live Containers that provides real-time visibility into the containers running in customers’ infrastructure)
- Work with the lead containers Product Manager to contribute to the overall strategy and the plan for Container Monitoring
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience or equivalent technical experience, ideally at a SaaS company
- You have a strong technical background and/or sense of the day in the life of an engineer shipping, maintaining, or securing a distributed cloud application
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-obsessed with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
- You have a strong bias for action
- You provide data-driven and feedback-based recommendations
- You have prior technical experience with containers, kubernetes, or micro services
- You are based in New York or Boston, or are willing to relocate before starting the job
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $149,000 - $190,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.