Senior Manager, Compensation (New York)
We’re building the Compensation function within the People team to scale and support one of the fastest growing companies in tech. We're experiencing tremendous growth worldwide, and you will be key to incentivizing and rewarding employees on this exciting path. You will report to the Director of Compensation and as the senior manager for this function, you have a unique opportunity to put your stamp on the role and set the path for the future!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of compensation projects including compensation planning cycles, market intelligence and benchmarking, and equity analysis
- Collaborate with People Business Partners and centers of expertise (CoE) to support and advise managers on compensation-related activities
- Oversee market pricing activities including job matching, data analytics, and job pricing, including analysis of cash and long-term incentive compensation practices
- Manage and prioritize the day-to-day activities of compensation team members
- Lead the development and distribution of effective communication materials that improve the understanding of Datadog’s compensation offerings
- Partner with the HRIS team to ensure that the People system meets the compensation team’s needs
Who You Are:
- Experienced in 8+ years of compensation experience with at least a 2+ years managing or supervising direct reports
- Confident leading efforts around market pricing, annual compensation cycles, compensation plan/structure design
- Familiar with Radford and other data sources for benchmarking compensation
- Understanding of RSUs, stock options, and other equity offerings is a bonus, but not required
- Someone with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality; this is a leadership position, but you will still be required to create files and work with data directly
- A strategic thinking able to consult and influence leaders and colleagues
- Strong in your communication skills, enabling you to take complex concepts and distill them into digestible information for leaders and employees
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $166,000.00 - $243,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.