Staff Software Engineer - Data Science
The Data Science organization designs and builds algorithmically driven features in the Datadog app. We work across a range of applications, primarily focusing on analysis on streaming data such as anomaly detection, error outliers and faulty deployment analysis.
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer to help us design and develop our modern Data Science Ops tooling that will empower data scientists and fasttrack our production efforts from conception to launch.
You’ll work closely with the Data Science org and partner with infrastructure/tooling teams across Datadog to build out high-scale, cross-cloud platforms that enable productionisation of algorithms, annotation of data, explainability and experimentation.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the design, development and deployment of scalable tools and infrastructure to support the efforts of our data scientists (CI/CD, orchestration, deployment,...)
- Create a development ecosystem that enables rapid experimentation and deployment of algorithms
- Stay on the cutting edge of development in the MLOps domain and document best practices to share across teams
- Drive the technical growth of Machine Learning as a distributed capability at Datadog, spanning all product areas
- Partner closely with data scientists and software engineers to understand the current pain points and needs of the Data Science organization
- Provide technical leadership across the data science organization
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or related scientific field or equivalent experience
- You are a software engineer at heart with 10+ years of professional experience in data science and/or machine learning
- You have proven ability to architect, build, and operate distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have extensive experience executing projects that span data engineering, data science, and machine learning
- You have fundamental understanding of statistical methods, distributed computing, machine learning, AI, and a variety of open source programming languages
- You have experience integrating a wide variety of disparate data sources, methods, and applications to achieve specific objectives in a dynamic business environment
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.