Engineering Manager I - Change Tracking
The Data Science organization designs and builds algorithmically-driven features in the Datadog app. We work across a range of applications, primarily focusing on analysis on streaming data such as anomaly detection, error outliers and faulty deployment analysis.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help us lead the efforts of our Change Tracking team. Our change tracking platform will help our customers identify new versions of their applications and infrastructure and monitor and detect faulty deployments. You’ll lead a team of engineers and data scientists to create a platform enabling all changes to be tracked across our customers’ systems.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do: (Describe role responsibilities here/max 6 bullets)
- Lead and develop a small team of software engineers (frontend and backend)
- Create with your team a technical solutions to develop the change tracking platform and its features
- Drive delivery following agile methodology ensuring clear communication within you team, the data science organization and across the whole of Datadog
- Work closely with product managers to execute the product vision following product requirements and priorities
- Collaborate with teams across Datadog to integrate with existing products
Who You Are: (Describe role qualifications here/max 6 bullets)
- You have 1 + year of experience managing engineering teams
- You have a background as a software engineer backend or full stack
- You have experience 3+ year of experience with Go and java
- You have experience interacting with noSQL and SQL databases
- You have experience with streaming data using kafka
- You have experience building and interacting with Rest and/or gRCP endpoints
- You have experience working with product manager, designers and data scientists in cross functional teams
- You have experience driving delivery in a fast paced, high growth distributed environment
- You are pragmatic when it comes to solution and technology
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth: (Describe opportunities offered here)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 to $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.