We are looking for an experienced, talented senior illustrator with a proven understanding of brand illustration to join our growing design team. Translating complex technical concepts into simple, clear illustrations that communicate in clever and unexpected ways is what drives us!
You will collaborate with a team of designers, writers, and engineers to create original pieces of artwork that bring our brand and content to life. You will think conceptually to produce idea-driven illustrations and adapt to our brand illustration style. As the company continues its growth, individual members are also provided an opportunity for career growth and development on a personal level.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Think conceptually to produce idea-driven illustrations and adapt to our brand illustration style
- Collaborate with the Writing team to develop editorial illustrations and designs for blog posts
- Conceptualize, sketch, and execute detailed illustrations for internal marketing teams
- Work to evolve and codify our brand’s illustrated visual language
- Create various illustrated assets such as logos, icons, and wallpapers
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional illustrator at an agency, tech company, or similar team setting
- BFA and/or MFA in illustration or design, or relevant work experience
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently, implement and internalize art direction and feedback, and bring new creative ideas to the table
- Excellent illustration, color, and composition skills
- Experience with animation tools, 3D tools and UI design a plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.