Developer Advocate - Distributed Tracing
As a Developer Advocate at Datadog, you will be part of a team of engineers supporting our community to solve real world problems. We do our research and communicate with our audience in mind, to build trust and advocate for developers effectively. With a focus in OpenTelemetry, you will be a key contributor to Datadog’s open-source efforts and interact with technical folks across the globe. You’ll have the opportunity to create and deliver content across a variety of channels, whether online or in person at events.
What You’ll Do:
- Create content for developers that makes them more effective practitioners of their craft while building trust and credibility for Datadog
- Find and pursue opportunities for Datadog to partner with and support open-source communities
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos and collaborate with our community of open-source contributors to develop new integrations for Datadog
- Create developer-facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code
Who You Are:
- Experience with distributed tracing, whether instrumenting an application, contributing to open-source projects, or producing high-quality content and educating others on the topic (and have publicly available samples)
- 5+ years experience as a software developer, SRE, or other practitioner; including building and maintaining production systems
- 3+ years of experience as an advocate and / or equivalent experience e.g. skilled at reaching software developers across multiple channels, such as written content, conference talks, leading workshops, live streaming or recording videos, contributing to open source, and participating in community events
- You're comfortable in large and small settings, and are able to communicate with technical users of all skill levels, from junior developers to CTOs
- You are fluent in reading and writing in at least 1 programming language (eg Ruby, Python, Go, bash) and are familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers
- Bonus points if you have experience with OpenTelemetry, and tools such as Jaeger, Grafana Tempo, Prometheus, and AWS X-Ray
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $136,000 - $174,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.